Heng An Standard Life (Asia) Limited (“HASL Asia”, previously named “Standard Life (Asia) Limited”) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Heng An Standard Life Insurance Company Limited (“HASL”).
HASL Asia’s presence in Hong Kong can be traced back to 1999 when it was established under the name of “Standard Life (Asia) Limited” and registered as an authorised insurer in Hong Kong. It was a wholly owned subsidiary of Standard Life Aberdeen plc (“SLA”) until June 2020 when it was sold to HASL with the strategic goal to align SLA’s Hong Kong and Mainland China insurance businesses and create a single, stronger base for future development.
HASL is a 50:50 Sino-foreign joint venture business between SLA in the UK and Tianjin TEDA International Holding (Group) Company Limited in Mainland China. This strong background creates a unique advantage for HASL Asia in Hong Kong leveraging on its heritage as part of a Sino-foreign joint venture insurance group.
To provide a full range of information technology services required by the Company. Under the supervision of the Line Manager to ensure services are supported by appropriate and robust platforms, applications, processes and strategies.
- Maintain the package based policy administration system and the surrounding systems in a secure operation manner and ensure they support the business operations and strategy.
- Able to work with external vendors effectively to implement and maintain various IT solutions and projects for business operation.
- Prepares documentation including business specification, technical specification, quality assurance process and user manual. Perform analysis and work out project prioritization which agree with business and IT team.
- Perform system design, development, testing, implementation, support, maintenance and enhancement.
- Evaluate and recommend new IT products and technologies.
- Handle system incidents and troubleshoot system errors.
- Provide consultancy, advice and education services to other employees in the company to the best and most effective uses of IT and systems for their business purposes.
- Be able to complete Proof of Concept assessment and reporting of IT solutions under guidance of manager.
- Ad-hoc duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Experience / Requirements
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required.
- Strong analytical and technical skills with at least 5 years’ experience in life insurance industry
- Desirable technical skills includes:
- Latest digital development tools: REST API, JSON, Node.js, Angular, Ionic Framework, etc. or
- Legacy solutions: SQL Database Management, Microsoft .Net, Java and COBOL etc.
- Proven ability to assess business needs and translate them into relevant solutions
- Good problem-solving skill, able to pick up new technologies.
- The ability to work effectively with internal stakeholders, contractors and suppliers at all levels.
- Proficiency in both written and oral English and Chinese. Spoken Mandarin is a preferred.
- Candidate with less experience will be considered as Analyst Programmer.
- Agile experience is an add-on.
We offer attractive salaries and excellent benefits.
If you are interested in our opportunity, please send your job application to us. Before doing so, please make sure you read and agree with our Personal Information Collection Statement (link: https://www.hengansl.com.hk/en/careers/privacy-agreement).
Any personal data we collect will only be used for recruitment purposes. We keep all applications confidentially on file for six months.