Systems Analyst (Application System)
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
Full-Stack Developer (MOBILE / API / DATA / CLOUD)
You will work closely with product teams and front end (UI / UX) developers to code the services that will enable the customer journeys. Working as part of high performing DevOps scrums you will be responsible for coding server-side services / frontend mobile app that conforms to the standards set out by the application development lead. You will be responsible for integrating those services with the front-end components
- Provide effective application system solution and support by conducting application development design & enhancement and understanding business process and requirements. Assist in preparation of testing strategies.
- Ensure quality systems development work is performed in accordance with the systems development methodology and guidelines.
- Ensure timely project delivery through planning project schedule and resources requirements, assisting to monitor project progress and manage vendors, and coordinating testing and implementation activities.
- Lead and coach Senior Analyst Programmers and Analyst Programmers to complete assigned jobs and ensure quality day-to-day system support is provided
- Previous working experience as a Python / Java Developer for 3-5 years
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Hands on experience with Django, Flask or other Python frameworks
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Jinja 2, Mako, etc
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies (iOS / Android)
- Experience working with source code management tools (e.g. Github, Bitbucket)
- Experience working with CI tools (e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Pride in readable, well-designed, well-tested software or scripts
- Experience in Public Cloud Azure (Preferred), AWS, GCP
- 2 or more years professional "DevOps" experience managing toolchains and cloud-based production environments and a willingness to quickly get up to speed on our stack (Azure, Python / Java)
- Experience in Automated Testing Tool, for unit test and functional end to end test, for both backend and frontend mobile. Have the mind set / experience of Test-Driven Development.
- Experience in developing mobile app in either iOS native coding or React Native
- Strong application knowledge in insurance, banking and finance system
- Strong in design, development and testing methodologies
- RDBMS database structures and design
- Proficient in database concepts and constructs, including data models (normalization, foreign key, surrogate key, etc)
- Proficient working with large data volumes (e.g. millions to billions of records)
- Proficient performance tuning SQL, including use of explains plans, partitions, hints, etc.
- Proficient in use of SQL and SQL scripts
- Java J2EE, React Native, IOS Swift and Android Studio
- Independent, self-motivated and able to work under pressure
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Good command of both written and spoken English, Mandarin and Chinese
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to communicate effectively with all levels
- Familiar with Agile Methodology