TAX - Indirect Tax - Senior Accountant/ Staff Accountant
- To be discussed
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Ernst & Young Hong Kong
- 14 Feb 18 2018-02-14
Our tax service revolves around helping our clients effectively manage their tax obligations proactively and responsibly. As part of a global team of 35,000 tax professionals in 150 countries, you will advise clients on planning, compliance and reporting wherever the client has needs. Our unwavering
Our tax service revolves around helping our clients effectively manage their tax obligations proactively and responsibly. As part of a global team of 35,000 tax professionals in 150 countries, you will advise clients on planning, compliance and reporting wherever the client has needs. Our unwavering commitment to quality service and our technical networks enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and improve opportunities within their tax functions. Groups (or, as we call them – sub-service lines) within Tax include Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, Human Capital, Indirect Tax Services, International Tax Services and Transaction Tax Services.
Join our globally integrated team of dedicated indirect tax professionals and you will combine technical knowledge, industry understanding and technologically advanced tools and methodologies to identify risks and sustainable planning opportunities for indirect taxes throughout the tax life cycle at the local level. You will help us provide effective processes, improve day-to-day reporting, reduce attribution errors, reduce cost and confirm indirect taxes are handled correctly in transactions for our clients.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to recommend on our services to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Key responsibilities:
- Collaborate with a team of indirect tax professionals to recommend indirect tax projects, facilitating technical excellence and practical/ business driven approach taken
- Participate and assist in preparing for meetings with management teams
- Assist in preparing technical memorandums to support indirect tax advisory projects
- Build relationships both within EY and externally with clients. Liaise with other departments e.g., corporate tax, audit
- A bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field
- A minimum of two years of work experience dealing with customs and indirect tax matters
- Candidates with less experience will be considered as Staff Accountant
- Team player with the ability to integrate and build effective relationships at all levels
- Relationship management skills with ability to manage client expectations
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards
- Tax, Accountancy, Customs brokerage or trade related qualification
If you’re looking for a role that’ll challenge you, give you opportunities to grow and encourage you to own your career, this role is for you.
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals who enjoy promoting the people agenda in organizations and change initiatives, bringing people issues and challenges to the forefront. You’ll need the confidence to keep the people agenda front and center, and the interpersonal skills and communications savvy to do this in a way that integrates well with executive priorities and objectives.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our services. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and hospitalization benefits, group life and personal accident insurance, annual leave and Mandatory Provident Fund and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, knowledge and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.