TRAINEE: Business Continuity Management - Banking Operations - Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Produce automated reports that includes data extract, manipulation, and chart generation using VBA with Excel and PowerPoint
- Develop monitoring dashboards, MIS and follow up exceptions with stakeholders
- Develop tools to automate / re-engineer the manual processes within the BCM program
- Implement new global tools as required
- Provides project management support on various projects
- Coordinate weekly meetings with the BCP managers in APAC and other adhoc meetings
- Assist to prepare materials for governance meetings
- Assist to document established processes and maintain a site to host the documents
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Computer Science, IT or similar
- Proficient in Microsoft Office application (Excel, powerpoint, VBA) and Power BI
- Strong interest in new technologies (PowerBi would be a plus)
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to details and accuracy
- Able to organize information / documents in a systematic manner
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to organize time and multitask
- Able to interact with all level of the organization from operators to executive management members
- Must be able to work collaboratively within a complex organization, across multiple cultures, geographies and disciplines
- Ability to be flexible and agile (priorities may change and escalation need to be adapted)
- Demonstrated ability to lead change through influencing skills, be a positive change agent
- Fluent English is mandatory
- This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Innovation - Thinking out of the box/Creativity: I propose new ideas and solutions
- Innovation - Technology: I adopt new technologies in the solutions and projects I work on
- Innovation - Change management: I support change
- Innovation - Simplification: I make things & ideas simple
- Team Spirit - Open mindset: I listen and share my views and my expertise in an open mode
- Responsibility - Performance: I strive for high performance
Business insight Company Description
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The successful candidate will be working in the Risk Management and Oversight department to support the Asia-Pacific BCM team.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: immediate
Publication date: 2020/12/28