TRAINEE: Data Quality Assistant - Information Technology - Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- You will be part of a dynamic regional team, dealing with major stakeholders. You will be assigned to a Data Quality Manager, with the following responsibilities:
- Contribution in securing Asia Data Quality fonction
- Monitor activity performed by our production teams in Bangalore, India and other locations if needed
- Monitor projects advancements and share output with stakeholders
- Review processes identified as defective, proposing remediation plans and follow up needs
- Help to implement a proactive process health check
- Propose process improvements or automations to deliver added value
- Contribute to set up process to review market data costs and communicate outputs
- Develop strong partnership with Market Data Referential teams both production and IT
- Contribution into day to day production management of Indexes and ETFs
- Monitor ASI dedicated activity
- Work with peers in US and EUR to facilitate production delivery, and issues corrections
- Set up local dedicated reporting process ASIA focused
- While working with us, you'd be exposed to variety of situations, allowing you to
- Discover the scope of market data parameters and its complexity
- Work and interact with large scope of stakeholders we provide service to
- Work with a truly global approach and get exposed to various cultures e.g French, Indian and American
- Get fledged with fast paced environment while keeping focus on quality and accuracy
- Develop Experiment monitoring tools and apply them to real life scenario
Profile required Profile Requirements:
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in IT, Finance or similar
- Business analysis skills: analytical mindset, attention to details, critical thinking, solution oriented
- Development Language as a plus: Python
- Adaptable, can work with various people style and cultures as being exposed to several different countries
- Versed into Data Quality Management and operational risk processing
- Quick learner
- Fluent English is mandatory, French is a plus
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA. Department Description
Global Business Service Unit is GBIS Service Unit, it delivers day-to-day services to GBIS BUs and their clients to accelerate the transformation, it is composed by IT & non-IT teams working side by side under the same leadership.
Market Data Referential, within GBSU Finance Risk & Market Data, handles market parameters for GBIS. It handles sourcing, broadcasting, controls and day to day management of data. Such parameters are key for most processes e.g Risks and Finance, Settlement & Delivery and Regulatory reporting are some of processes which depend on accurate market parameters.
To strengthen the delivery capability, we are opening internship position based in Hong Kong. The successful candidate will join the GBSU Finance Risk and Market Data team (GBSU/FRM) focusing on Data Quality. GBSU/FRM is a regional team with 80 people based in Hong Kong and Bangalore, covering the Asia Pacific region (Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, China, India and Australia).
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: immediate
Publication date: 2021/02/18