TRAINEE: Financial Officer - Corporate Finance / Accounting - Hong Kong, Hong Kong
As a Finance Partner to IT (Information Technology), your missions include:
- Monitor and control IT costs
- Preparation of monthly & annual IT Forecasts
- Develop the IT department budget
- Analyze and comment on the gaps between Actuals, Budget, and Forecast.
- Build and monitor the keys for allocating IT infrastructure costs to the appropriate business lines
- Prepare and present reports on costs per vendor and/or application
- Assist in quality control and certification of financial data from the IT department
- Contribute in the computation and analysis of Standard Rates by IT Line and Entity within Asia Region
- Work proactively with offshore teams in Bangalore and Chennai India
- Support the team in monthly reporting
- Participate in the automation and off shoring initiative in cooperation with the Head-Office, the project teams and our Bangalore team
- Participate to the analysis of the financial results for the business line and the senior management of the bank
- Lead a regular review of our process and procedures to cater new business requests, improve operational efficiency, optimize process and ensure risk controls and regulation compliance.
- Perform a first level risk control in owned process, proactively work with the other financial controllers and Bangalore team
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Accounting or similar
- Proficient in MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge in VBA is a plus
- Good communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Strong team spirit and self-motivated
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract. Behavioral Skills
- Responsibility - Performance: I strive for high performance
- Commitment - Sustainability: I strive to develop my skills and knowledge
- Client - Client focus: I put long term relationship with our clients at the center of my actions, whatever my position
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
- Innovation - Simplification: I make things & ideas simple
- Responsibility - Accountability: I make decisions in my scope of responsibilities
Business insight Company Description
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions Businesses (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Global Markets, Financing and Advisory) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA. Department Description
The main role of the Finance department is the supervision of the accounting, controlling function and performing required analysis impacting the financial performance and financial risks of our Activities in Asia.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: immediate
Publication date: 2020/11/09