TRAINEE: Front-office support Equity derivatives - Information Technology Hong Kong
Profile Required Your Profile:
- Support our equity flow front-office desk in their daily IT requests
- Collect requirements and provide business analysis when needed
- Ensure on-duty tasks when required
- Work with local and global counterparts: raise issues and new requirements
- Develop and enhance existing software used by the trading desk (Java, C#, Python, VBA)
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or similar
- Able to work in the stressful environment of a trading floor
- Keen to architect and write robust applications in multiple programming languages
- Technical background in Java and Linux is a strong advantage
- Knowledge of equity derivative products is a plus
- Aware and curious about new technologies, ability to share and explore them
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract. Business Insight
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients' projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong - a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group - we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
A technically strong candidate who will provide level 2 support to the users of the Global Market activities information system, focusing on equity derivative business activities mainly on Volatility Trading and Sales.
Working in a DEV/Ops setup, the candidate will be spending 70% to 80% on support and 20% to 30% developing solutions in Java, Python, VBA and C# as part of a feature team. The candidate attends daily scrums and actively participate to regular prioritisation meetings, sprints, retrospectives and development effort.
The candidate will need formalize end user's day to day problems; assesses the criticality/priority of these problems and treat them accordingly. Escalates to the next level if need be; gives effective and regular feedback to the end users. Will transform problems to user stories, add it to the product backlog for prioritisation and task building.
Estimates the risks and opportunities in our day to day job, take initiatives to reduce the risks and improve our efficiency. Reports regularly on issues to direct management, follows IT processes closely on incident, problem and request management, adheres to the code of conduct.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 19000XX0
Business unit: SG Securities (HK) Limited
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 31/03/2020