TRAINEE: Full Stack Developer - Software Development Hong Kong
You will be part of a dynamic regional team, dealing with major stakeholders including Business Lines, Finance/Risks teams. You will be assigned to a feature team, with the following responsibilities:
• Be part of IT projects impacting Market data, Risk and PnL chain in Asia
• Interact with business to analyse and review requirements
• Design technical solution based on current and target architectures
• Interact with IT teams from other projects and regions based on program interactions
• Support decomposition of customer requests into detailed stories by interacting with PO
• Develop code using Software Craftmanship best practices such as behavior/Test driven development, continuous integration/delivery/deployment, legacy refactoring
• Develop code leveraging a diverse technology eco-system and deliver working software across multiple layers of the technology stack
• Responsible for delivering working code that meets acceptance criteria as well as meet the definition of done
• Participate to testing, deployment and production activities of the team to ensure production stability
• Develop strong partnership with the business, IT counterparties in Paris and offshore teams in Bangalore Profile Required
You are graduated with a Master degree from Engineering or Business School or University with a specialization in Computer Science, Engineering, Information System or related field
Ideally you have past experience in developing Web API (RESTful API, SOAP Web Service)
You are fluent in English
You are proficient in Microsoft Office application (Excel, powerpoint) and Java and Python
You are solution-oriented with strong analytical mindset and critical thinking
You are able to design and implement solutions that address user's requirements Why Join Us Business Insight
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients' projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong - a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group - we employ over 10,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
Global Business Service Unit is GBIS Service Unit, it delivers day-to-day services to GBIS BUs and their clients to accelerate the transformation, it is composed by IT & non-IT teams working side by side under the same leadership.
The Trainee position is within GBSU Finance Risk and Market Data team (GBSU/FRM) as a software engineer. FRM is a regional team with 80 people based in Hong Kong and Bangalore, covering the Asia Pacific region (Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, China, India and Australia).
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000HQG
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 31/08/2020