TRAINEE: Junior Structurer - Financial Engineering - Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Prepare trade documentation (for example term sheet)
- Assist in pricing financing products
- Regular market update and regulation update, especially regulation in China
- Structure and develop products according to client's bespoke request, optimize scare resource usages
- Liaise with internal functions e.g. Risk / Legal / Compliance / Finance / Tax etc.
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering or similar
- Previous experience in a trading floor environment is a plus
- Microsoft Office, in particular Excel, VBA and Power Point
- Proven analytical, computer and interpersonal skills as well as exceptional writing, communication and presentations skills
- Strong team players who can demonstrate creativity and initiative
- Strong interest in financial markets and understanding complex products
- Fluent English and Mandarin is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract. Behavioral Skills
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
- Client - Understanding and Respect: I listen to clients and colleagues in order to understand and anticipate their needs
- Innovation - Thinking out of the box/Creativity: I propose new ideas and solutions
- Responsibility - Performance: I strive for high performance
- Commitment - Inspiration: I support the vision and the strategy
- Commitment - Sustainability: I strive to develop my skills and knowledge
Business insight Company Description
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region. Department Description
Within the Global Markets Division in Hong Kong, you will join our Financial Engineering department which brings together the Equities, Fixed Income & Currencies structuring capabilities with the objective of providing investors with one integrated multi-asset market solutions team. The department capitalizes on an integrated engineering team to deliver cross asset expertise. You will join the Cross-Asset Structuring team in charge of designing and implementing investment solutions for our clients.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: SG Securities (HK) Limited
Starting date: immediate
Publication date: 2020/11/03