TRAINEE: Liquidity Risk Analyst - Corporate Finance / Accounting Hong Kong
Profile Required Your Profile:
- Provide support on data quality: monthly reconciliation of liquidity data with back-office & accounting data
- Assist with analytical review: certify liquidity metrics (Gaps, LCR, NSFR) through variance analysis
- Assist with metric recognition: Facilitate Asia stakeholders' recognition of group liquidity metrics contributed from Asia
- Contribute to the Asia Liquidity project to improve existing processes or establish new processes
- Develop synergies between Head office and local regulatory metric monitoring
- Hold a relevant bachelor or master's degree in Finance, accounting or similar
- Understanding of investment banking activities (trading & sales, financing), its product detail & its implication to liquidity risk
- Experience on investment banking activities financial control (FO/management views and/or accounting views)
- Fluent in handling data analysis with Excel
- Pro-active, autonomous, rigor, self-driven
- Organizational skills & ability to work under pressure
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will be part of the team on a full-time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your degree qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract. Business Insight
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients' projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong - a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group - we employ over 10,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
Based in Hong Kong, the role is part of regional Finance department, within a team that focuses on the liquidity gap metric certification for our key entities in Asia. In your role, you will be working closely with senior analysts who will rely on you to lead processes relating to data quality assurance and perform analytical review that will help key stakeholders (treasury, entity CFOs, ALM) to steer their entity liquidity gap metrics. In addition, you will be contributing to change initiatives to improve the data quality and review process through Asia's Liquidity Project, which will require close collaboration with project managers.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 200007SO
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 14/04/2020