Tax - Transfer Pricing - Senior Accountant
- To be discussed
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Ernst & Young Hong Kong
- 14 Feb 18 2018-02-14
Our tax service revolves around helping our clients effectively manage their tax obligations proactively and responsibly. As part of a global team of 35,000 tax professionals in 150 countries, you will advise clients on planning, compliance and reporting wherever the client has needs. Our unwavering
Our tax service revolves around helping our clients effectively manage their tax obligations proactively and responsibly. As part of a global team of 35,000 tax professionals in 150 countries, you will advise clients on planning, compliance and reporting wherever the client has needs. Our unwavering commitment to quality service and our technical networks enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and improve opportunities within their tax functions. Groups (or, as we call them – sub-service lines) within Tax include Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, Human Capital, Indirect Tax Services, International Tax Services and Transaction Tax Services.
As a Transfer Pricing Senior Accountant, you'll thoroughly and accurately analyze information, apply economic/financial knowledge to client situations and develop effective approaches to clients' financial circumstances. Subsequently, you'll take a lead in developing recommendations and implementation plans. You'll also develop and provide transfer pricing and economic ideas with timely, responsive services/work products, and identify opportunities for transfer pricing and other special services. In addition, you'll prepare documentation, participate in advance pricing agreements (APAs) and defend transfer pricing in audits. As a senior, you'll also work in the valuation of intangible assets and develop practical planning services. You will demonstrate dedication to quality in all aspects of your work, which will include managing client service team members and contributing to the achievement of team goals.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to recommend on our services to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
- Participate in transfer pricing engagements
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
- Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be provided to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
- Build strong internal relationships with other members of the transfer pricing team and across other services
- Contribute to performance feedback for professionals
- Contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting and retaining transfer pricing professionals
- Maintain an educational program to develop personal skills on an ongoing basis
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
- An undergraduate degree, preferably with an emphasis in economics, finance or law; an advanced degree in economics, law, tax or accounting is desirable
- At least two years (with a graduate degree) or three years (with an undergraduate degree) of business or economic advisory experience (professional services experience is a plus)
- An understanding of complex transfer pricing concepts and broad exposure to transfer pricing issues is preferred
- Strong organizational, analytical and verbal/written communication skills
- Fluent in English and Chinese (Mandarin is a plus)
- The ability to thrive within a fast-paced, professional services environment
If you’re looking for a role that’ll challenge you, give you opportunities to grow and encourage you to own your career, this role is for you.
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals who enjoy promoting the people agenda in organizations and change initiatives, bringing people issues and challenges to the forefront. You’ll need the confidence to keep the people agenda front and center, and the interpersonal skills and communications savvy to do this in a way that integrates well with executive priorities and objectives.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our services. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and hospitalization benefits, group life and personal accident insurance, annual leave and Mandatory Provident Fund and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, knowledge and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.