To manage the tax functions for the group’s APAC business.
- Manage tax compliance and advisory across group business line. e.g. FATCA/CRS for newly set-up funds, Country-by-Country reporting, remittance, HK Profits Tax filing, applications for Certificate of Resident Status, etc.
- Develop tax efficiency strategies on the group business level.
- Review business models, intra-group domestic/cross-border transactions and their relevant agreements from transfer pricing and corporate tax perspective; worked with business units, finance and legal teams to derive improvement plans and facilitate implementation.
- Assess tax implications and devise tax efficient structure for M&A transactions, debt restructuring, corporate restructuring, company liquidation, etc. to mitigate tax impact.
- Defend tax audits and queries from tax authorities, negotiate with officials and preparation of defend letters/material.
- Analyse tax issues in daily operations and provided solutions to business units in a timely and independent manner.
- Bachelor Accounting / Finance Degree
- Preferably with a CA / CPA, and/or Tax qualified
- At least 6 - 8 years of tax experience; ideally with a combination of Big 4 and Financial Services tax experience
- Dynamic, driven, sharp, results-oriented and with strong understanding of business operations & key drivers