Tax Specialist, Asia Pacific
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 22 Jul 18 2018-07-22
Tax Specialist, Asia Pacific
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 70 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people.
We are looking for a Tax Specialist, Asia Pacific to join our Hong Kong Office reporting to the Senior Tax Manager, Asia-Pacific.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of this position?
- Preparing and reviewing of corporate tax returns of the Franklin Templeton ("FT") entities in Asia Pacific.
- Providing support for the U.S. tax provision reporting, review of the deferred tax and tax provision accruals related to the FT entities in Asia Pacific.
- Maintaining good control and record of tax documentation and compliance reporting.
- Supporting the Asia Pacific Tax members on: -
- tax audit and disputes;
- tax research, planning and advice;
- tax and transfer pricing documentations;
- tax legislations interpretation and updates;
- tax advice and support to other business units;
- indirect tax advisory;
- tax policies and procedures formulation;
- managing external service providers;
- ad hoc tax projects.
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- University degree holder with internationally recognized accounting or tax qualification.
- 4 - 6 years' tax experience in a public accounting firm or MNC with adequate exposure to corporate tax, indirect tax and individual tax issues.
- Prior experience working across global/regional teams with good understanding of Asia Pacific regional tax issues is strongly preferred.
- Good knowledge of fund management industry will be highly regarded.
- Strong tax compliance, reporting skills and a solid understanding of local and regional tax regulations.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Mandarin is required.
- Strong team player, adaptable, self-motivated to progress / excels in career and able to work under minimum supervision.
- Problem solver, detailed-oriented with strong coordination and organizational skills.
- Familiar with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Minimal travel may be required.
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, " I AM Franklin Templeton ."
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.
Please apply with your full resume via the link below:
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.