Tax Specialist on Client Onboarding and Tax documentation (AVP)
About Citi Tax Operations
Custody Global Operations is located across 50 plus countries servicing over a 1000 clients. In Asia we have a presence in 16 Direct Custody and Clearing markets and a Global Custody Franchise covering over 100+ markets.
Citi Tax Operations' primary responsibility is to deliver excellent client experience by delivering high quality tax services to its customers and comply with tax regulations globally by facilitating the collection of valid client tax documentation, the application of withholding tax and refunds and the submission of regulatory reporting.The Tax Operations team serves as the primary contact between Operations and other divisions of the Firm on all operational tax matters.The team is required to deliver high standards of tax compliance and controls, timely response to fast changing regulatory and market changes and operational excellence in our business processes and technology.
Tax Operations is seeking an experienced individual to assist to primarily manage the client tax documentations supporting Citi's Institutional client base. This role will present the right candidate with challenging opportunities due to the high regulatory risk coupled with high volumes, tight deadlines and demanding client base. The position requires exceptionally strong organization, process execution and communication skills. Key responsibilities:
• Provide Tax SME support and work closely with Implementation team for customer tax documentation throughout APAC regions for Global Custody clients.
• Provide operational expertise to Citi's clients prior to account opening, with detailed understand of double taxation treaty relief at source services.
• Market analysis and communication with Sub Custodians to ensure appropriate tax treaty rates are applied and accurately maintained.
• Work closely with Tax Product and Technical teams to address any market changes and non-standard service requests.
• Working with Implementation team, Product and Technology teams to progress automated workflow solutions.
• Compile and present detailed MIS around all core functions to senior management.
• Ensure knowledge is maintained of all local market tax documentation relief at source requirements and update procedures accordingly. Qualifications & Skills:
• Accountancy or other Financial Tax Qualification / Degree is preferred
• 5 -10 years of related international and Asia tax experience with major accounting or law firm or financial services industry
• Operations experience, preferably related to Tax, Income, Corporate Actions or Securities Funds Services.
• Ability to multi-task between job processes throughout the day.
• Process high volumes of work with excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
• Work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
• Strong investigation and reconciliations ability.
• Strong Focus on Control and Process optimization and documentation.
• Ability to work on own and as part of a team.
• Strong academic qualifications would be desirable. Exceptional spoken and written English skills. Strong Microsoft skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Provide tax support and serve as a facilitator from tax perspective on the end to end client onboarding process. Job Family Group:
Operations - Transaction Services Job Family:
Asset Servicing Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting