Team Lead - End User Computing
Who we're looking for
We're looking for an experienced IT EUC Lead to join our HK Global Technology team to supervise and manage a team of IT desktop support specialists stationed in HK. The team is responsible to provide effective and timely day-to-day IT desktop support, advice, guidance and diagnosis, and problem resolution to the Hong Kong office users. You will also be required to provide basic IT support (Server & Network). A client focused, service excellence delivery orientation is critical to success in this role. The role will cover core business hours and requires a flexible and priority driven work approach as service escalations will require immediate response. Some activities may need to be performed outside core business hours or during weekends. You will work collaboratively with other colleagues, IT suppliers and partners locally, within region and globally. Good communication skills are a must, both to business users and others within Global Technology. The role is also expected to be hands on when required e.g. during high volume or engineers on leave. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
The role will be based in our Hong Kong office and part of the Hong Kong Global Technology (GT) team that provides high quality support and project/change capability and working closely as part of the regional/global team What you'll do
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of all IT End User Computing Services to business users in Hong Kong office (including desktop support, audio-visual, mobile device and basic IT support)
- Manage the provision of end user support provided by regional IT Service Desk/Desktop Support vendor (supervision desktop engineers), manage workload and coverage required to support the business including hiring
- Secondary support to internal staff on IT enquiries and related issues
- Resolves customer escalation in a timely manner to avoid disruption and minimize business impact.
- Responsible for handling day-to-day IT operations and follow the defined Service management processes to ensure operations SLAs and individual KPIs are met
- Provides clear, concise and relevant communication to the team to ensure clarity of objectives and outputs required.
- Proactive engagement with HK IT Country Manager, APAC User Services Manager, Infrastructure Lead, APAC IT Service Manager, and ability to deliver VIP service to in-country VIP users (CEO APAC, CEO HK, COO HK) and visiting executives.
- Work closely with IT Country Manager (Hong Kong), Regional EUC (APAC), User Services backend teams, APAC IT Service management team, and regional infrastructure teams on all matters relating to delivery of IT End User services in HK office
- Responsible for procurement of all desktop, laptop and end user peripheral devices and specific end user software (including market data service providers)
- Management of inventory of IT equipment using appropriate IT inventory management systems, ensure equipment and service agreements are kept under warranty/support and manage equipment refresh cycle
- Manage and maintain software installation procedures and manuals, anti-virus software
- Provide IT support on BCP and DR drill test, and out of hours support for testing of applications following IT maintenance weekends etc
- Assist in infrastructure and networking related task
- Responsible for maintaining budget for end user devices (laptops, desktops, tablets, accessories) and associated services (including data plans for mobile phones).
- Produces and analyses management reports to allocate work, identify recurring issues and work on remediation measures
- Drives continuous improvements initiatives locally and regionally including improving customer satisfaction
- Lead local team meetings and participate in regional meetings. Ensure that information is cascaded to the team.
- To ensure information technology and management are in line with agreed strategy and in compliance with regulations and Group IT policies. Provide support on annual Global Internal Audit (GIA) on site review
- Manage the relationships with external vendors, ensuring contracts and service levels are negotiated and ongoing service is in line with agreed contracts.
What you'll be like
- At least 7 years of desktop EUC experience using leading methodologies (Windows 7 & 10 platforms)
- At least 2-5 years of relevant hands-on experience in leading a team, preferable in banking/finance industry
- In-depth knowledge of O365, Windows Desktop OS, Microsoft Active Directory, SCCM, BitLocker, Windows File sharing, Desktop Antivirus, Wireless Technology, Basic Networking knowledge, Office Automation software's (eg. SCCM) and Printing Solutions Mobile device management and troubleshooting skills • Has technical knowledge and experience of ITIL processes, IMAC process, hardware, software, OS and application installation
- Knowledge & Technical experience on Infrastructure and Networking
- Experience of relevant end user business systems for asset management preferred, e.g. Bloomberg desktop tools (Launchpad) and/or Thomson Reuters Eikon, UDTs, Excel Macros
- A passionate leader and technologist
- An engineer who has the hunger and desire to learn new technologies
- Someone who embraces collaboration and change
- Strong communication skills in both English and Cantonese
- Enjoys interacting with users and build relationships with key customers
- Enjoys working in a team environment