Team Lead, AML Transaction Monitoring APAC
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 20 Oct 17
Are you a self motivated self-starter? Do you know how to take care of details? We are looking for someone like that to help us:
- lead a team of transaction monitoring specialists in their day to day work
- perform AML controls and ongoing review of transactions flagged by the monitoring system
- closing out the alerts thoroughly in a timely manner, and ensuring significant issues identified are fully investigated and promptly escalated where necessary
- Provision of high quality advice and training to stakeholders with respect to controls performed and on applicable internal policies and local law
- Keeping AML compliance manuals and bulletins up-to-date
- Preparing periodic management reports as required by senior management/global
- Assisting existing team members in diverse tasks including regulatory reporting/inspection and internal/external audits
- Participate in MS&C stream initiatives, work closely with various stakeholders to define business requirements, conduct user acceptance test, ensure proper business integration and provide post implementation support
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be working in the Compliance & Operational Risk Control – Monitoring, Surveillance & Controls (MS&C) framework team
Your experience and skills
- minimum 5 years of relevant work experience either within Compliance, regulatory or audit experience pertaining to wealth management
- experience of managing and mentoring others
- thorough knowledge of AML regulatory requirements
- thorough record-keeping abilities and a natural attention to detail- a proficiency or inclination towards technology, including for example being proficient with Excel
- good drafting skills
- proactive and able to work independently
- a self-starter with the organizational skills and ability to work independently, applying sound judgment and rationale for decisions made
- passionate about developing others and sharing your knowledge
- a natural communicator with an additional language capability a preference, ideally Mandarin. This is due to the team having a regional country coverage that includes China.
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.