Team Lead, Service Excellence
Business Function As the leading bank in Asia, DBS Consumer Banking Group is in a unique position to help our customers realise their dreams and ambitions. As a market leader in the consumer banking business, DBS has a full spectrum of products and services, including deposits, investments, insurance, mortgages, credit cards and personal loans, to help our customers realise their dreams and aspirations at every life stage. Our financial solutions are not only the best in the business - they were made just right for you. Responsibilities
- Lead a sub-team of AVPs, Senior Associates &/or Associates to handle customer complaints related to CBG & WM services in accordance with various regulatory and internal requirements and standards.
- Ensure customer complaints are handled professionally and within the turnaround time in compliance with regulatory requirements and KPIs. Make apology and financial redress to complainants as appropriate to reinforce the Bank's reputation.
- Help to lift up the overall performance of the unit. Ensure good quality of communication by team members including reply letters to complainants, regulatory bodies, pressure groups and so forth regarding customer complaints. Make sure the replies are customer centric, legally and morally justified, invulnerable to appeal / dispute, and last but not least, timely dispatched.
- Conduct thorough investigations into customer complaints except for complaints related to staff fraud / misconduct / mis-selling which need to be forwarded to FCSS or Compliance Advisory for investigation, and then offer complaint resolution as gratifying as possible while minimizing financial losses and reinforcing the Bank's reputation.
- Provide diagnosis of problems identified during complaint investigation to facilitate service improvement initiatives.
- Escalate complaints with great impact to appropriate parties to minimize financial, reputational and business risks/losses.
- Prepare / help to prepare various reports on customer complaints required by the management, internal / external audit, and regulators.
- On complaint handling process management, to review and propose revision / refinement of the Complaints Handling Operation Manual.
- Help Team Head in building a "Complaint is a Gift" culture in CB and Wealth Management, make sure relevant CB & Wealth Management staff having gone through sufficient training and got necessary tools to properly handle customer complaints, and giving advice on how to prevent complaints that may be induced by new products/services before launch.
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Conduct customer complaints investigations, write replies / revise replies in response to customer complaints / financial claims
- Ensure the replies are customer centric, legally justified, invulnerable to appeal / dispute, and timely dispatched in accordance with the Key Performance Indicator laid down by the management of the Bank
- Per assignment, direct respond to customers who ask for verbal reply to their complaints. Pacify customers and resolve their problems up to their satisfaction.
- Assist Team Head in reviewing the complaint handling process and propose revision / refinement to ensure the procedures meet customer's expectation and the business requirements.
- Assist Team Head in assuring the operation of the team complies with the internal and external requirements laid down by the management / regulators.
- Assist Team Head in assuring smooth and uninterrupted operation of the team during special situation, e.g. sudden shortage of staff, office relocation project and etc.
- Promptly draw Team Head's and appropriate parties' attention when there is a high reputational risk event / claim for damages involving large amount identified in the course of customer complaints handling.
- High proficiency in both written and spoken English and Chinese.
- Academic qualification in legal studies is preferable.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong problem solving skills and strong analytical power.
- Able to work independently under high pressure.
- Customer and business focus with openness to change.
- Mature, confident and presentable.
- Good knowledge in consumer banking products and services.
- Proficiency in MIS Word, Excel, Power Point and Chinese Word Processing
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience with at least 2 years in managerial position