Team Manager, Portfolio Management & Underwriting
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo Bank
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
Manage the credit risk and portfolio management within the Financial Institutions Group Portfolio Management & Underwriting team.
This posiiton can be based in Hong Kong or Singapore.
- Focused on credit risk and portfolio management within the Financial Institutions Group Portfolio Management & Underwriting (PMU) team.
- Manage a portfolio and/or lead a team with primary responsibilities on credit underwriting, monitoring, structuring / documenting and reacting to the credit quality of an assigned portfolio of clients with loans and other forms of risk exposure.
- Works on complex deals, has client interaction and provides support and guidance in managing the portfolio.
- Maintain and monitor pipeline of new and renewal transactions and ensures due diligence, underwriting and documentation is completed on a timely basis.
- For transactions, lead the deal team prior to and during the credit underwriting and approval process to ensure compliance with the strategy and underwriting according to Wells Fargo’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure pricing is commensurate with the risk on a transaction stand-alone basis and a relationship basis.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and sounding board for underwriting strategies, deal positioning and relationship management strategies.
- Discuss and oversee risk mitigation and risk reduction strategies in collaboration with relationship managers, loan syndications and credit risk partners.
- Act as a subject matter expert and point contact for regional trends and industry / banking expertise for countries in the respective region.
- May be responsible for the Country Business Strategies in the assigned region.
- Management responsibility for a team of 10 direct and indirect reports, where applicable.
- Over seven years of experience in credit risk underwriting, credit, relationship and/or portfolio management while extensive and multiyear experience in credit risk underwriting is a mandatory requirement.
- Three years management experience is desirable.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Finance or related discipline.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.