Team leader of APS – eTrading Market Access
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
The Global Markets IT production APS group provides Business-aligned production services to support the Global Markets businesses. These services range from maintaining and improving the availability, integrity, performance and capacity of the Global Markets technology platforms, to providing and developing governance of process and technology standards.
As a team leader of the Application Support team providing support to the production elements of the equity market access applications, the role is centered on:
- lead a team, organize and guarantee that work within the scope of responsibility is properly completed
- 1st and 2nd-level technical and functional application support, covering the whole spectrum of global and regional market access systems
- practical Service Management, i.e. adhering to ITIL methodologies and Global Markets standards for change, release, incident, problem and request Management
- business analysis of Maintenance & Enhancement (M&E), i.e. capturing business requirements, performing gap and impact analysis, producing functional specifications, defining test strategy and arranging User Acceptance Tests (UAT)
- Lead Market Access team, organize and guarantee that work within scope of responsibility is properly completed
- Define the policy and objectives of their scope based on the entity's strategic priorities
- Guarantee human resource management, in conjunction with the Human Resources department
- Manage team resources in accordance with schedules, budgets and quality standards
- Ensure that BNPP standards for incident, problem and system change management procedures are followed.
- Maintain standards, instructions, guidelines, procedures, and encourage team members to share their knowledge
- Maintain server lists and functions. Suggest new purchase and decommissioning server when necessary
- Fully committed to Continuous Improvement of the platform
- Provides quality customer service, including interacting with users, answering users enquiries, and effectively handling users requests
- Be responsible for market access support of Equities & Derivatives Trading for Cash Equity, Warrant, Future & Options. on various APAC markets in Windows/Linux platform
- Required to support internal clients, troubleshoot and diagnose functional and technical issues in the production environment
- Management and tracking of daily production problems and user request; ensure effective and timely resolution and communications to the client; report bugs back to local / overseas development teams.
- Conduct system Quality Assurance testing; perform deployment or upgrade of mission critical trading applications and systems in accordance to BNPP standards
- Ensure adequate performance and operation of the systems, monitor the performance and operation, diagnose and address any problems.
- Provide system and process documentation
- Participate in the support roster; morning / lunch shift duty, weekend and holiday work as required.
- Be responsible for handling business driven or exchange driven projects
- Be responsible to ensure BNP Global Markets project management global and regional guidelines are followed within scope of responsibilities
- Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework
- Minimizing operational failure, including but not exclusively, the risk of fraud, by helping to devise, and by implementing, sufficient regular controls
- Ensuring appropriate escalation to management and/or Permanent Control or Compliance as appropriate, as soon as an issue is identified.
- Contribute best practices and contribute to the implementation of Global and Regional Application Production and Support policies and procedures.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- team management
- project management methodology
- Good business knowledge on cash and derivatives products
- Good technical skills on Linux/Unix environment
- Scripting / monitoring knowledge
- good problem solving skills
Soft and interpersonal skills:
- organizational skills (being proactive)
- communication skills
- client focused
- promote teamwork and cross-functionality
- ability to take initiatives (make proposals)
- ability to share knowledge
Specific Qualifications (if required)