Technical Lead - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Technical Lead
. Principal responsibilities
- Provide technical advice for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of HSBC IT systems to local business units
- Develop an expert level understanding of the appropriate business systems of the Group and their associated IT development requirements
- Apply specialist expertise in the development of IT systems with the objective of optimizing operational performance and improving quality whilst increasing cost effectiveness
- Assign tasks to team members and provide effective management to ensure the delivery of projects on time and in budget with appropriate quality
- Work with other IT departments on the technical design and integration of new systems or changes to existing systems, identifying costs and requirements and ensuring plans are in place to exploit them
- Manage relationships at a product or service level with the business
- Monitor progress and review progress reports of his or her staff
- Maintain and ensure due observance of HSBC Internal Control Standards, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal or external auditors and external regulators.
- Ensure awareness of compliance requirements and implementation of Group Compliance Policy.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- University degree in computer science, information technology, related discipline or equivalent experience
- In depth experience of Internet, Mobile and Digital Experience delivery with a working knowledge of agile methodologies, DevOps processes.
- Knowledge with domestic trends in terms of Open Banking, Store Value Facility, and technology being used in the context of online payment, Person to Person or Person to Merchant
- Knowledge of Cloud, API or Mule API gateway, Micro service, AWS
- Knowledge of full mobile development life cycle with consideration of data protection or security concerns, architectures, trend and emerging technologies.
- Experience in CI, CD tools such as Confluence, Jira, Jenkins, Git, Spring and Tomcat
- Experience in working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics and Core Text and with remote data via REST or JSON.
- Familiarize with iOS Swift, Objective-C and Cocoa Touch and have experience in publishing iOS or Android apps in the app stores.
- Experience in working in matrix project teams both regionally and globally, with the ability to work effectively as part of a team or on an individual basis
- Self-motivated and ability in working under pressure in matrix team structure
- Knowledge on Banking Products or Services would be an advantage
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.