The writer must be a self-motivating and self-managing writer who can learn complex technologies quickly, and manage the entire process of writing top-quality documentation. The writer will work closely with engineering teams consisting of programmers, QA engineers, support techs, project and product managers to define documentation requirements, gather technical content, produce drafts for review and release milestones, and coordinate final release. The writer will be expected to seek improvements and contribute to improving team process and tools. You will author source XML files, and regular deliverables include PDF installation and user guides, online Help, and release notes.
our ideal candidate will be able to:
- Understand the different types of PayMe users and develop content to meet their needs.
- Write, edit and organize content, including quick starts, integration guides and API references.
- Edit documents for grammar, style, voice and tone.
- Team up with a wide variety of stakeholders, including product owners, engineers, integration teams, technical support, marketing, UX, etc.
- Review site metrics to prioritize updates, and incorporate feedback from internal/external customers.
- Ensure the developer experience fits seamlessly into the customer's end-to-end experience with PayMe.
- Manage time and projects effectively, juggling multiple projects and deliverables.
- Fluent written and spoken English (second language desirable).
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience with authoring tools and environments such as HTML, Markdown, GitHub, and Confluence.
- Software development skills are a plus.
- Five or more years in the technical writing industry.
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively to diverse individuals globally.
- Ability to work independently, but happy to collaborate with other writers and developers.
- Ability to organize your own work with minimal supervision and be able to meet tight project deadlines.
- Ability to manage issues effectively, dealing with challenges constructively and positively.
- Ability to maintain productivity and high-performance levels under pressure.
- Relationship-building skills to collaborate with internal subject-matter experts and external customers.
- Willingness to help when needed and actively share knowledge.
Writing samples required.