Technology – Vendor Product Integration – Cross Platform Support/Engineering, Associate - Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 Aug 18 2018-08-17
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
Morgan Stanley Technology
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses?and to our own.
This is an engineering role within a highly distributed global enterprise organization. This position is part of a team primarily performing application & infrastructure engineering functions, which includes providing coverage for L3/L4 support escalations from partner support teams. The primary focus of the position involves financial applications but also includes servicing the overall integration needs for all partner organizations. The engineer will be responsible for the operational needs of the systems managed by the team. This is a demanding role requiring attention to detail, good organization skills, strong communication skills, and a self-motivated team player, with a proven history of project delivery and driving initiatives. The ability to collaborate and communicate with development teams is essential. The engineer will be responsible for providing a global infrastructure strategy that can seamlessly support specific business technology requirements, while mitigating risks and being cost effective.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a technical discipline where infrastructure support and application integration were key components of the job.
- Strong RedHat Linux Operating System knowledge.
- Desire/Willingness to Learn/Support Microsoft Windows Server Operating System.
- Ability to write technical and operational documentation (troubleshooting documentation, deployment documentation).
- Industry server hardware knowledge (HP, Dell, IBM).
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts.
- Basic understanding of SAN/NAS technologies.
- Basic understanding of Sybase, Microsoft SQL Server, and/or other relational database platforms (Oracle, DB2).
- Strong interpersonal skills - communication, flexibility, self-driven, team player, analytic skills.
- In-depth knowledge of various technical disciplines and ability to quickly understand technical issues.
- Familiarity with Perl.
- Familiarity with Autosys.
- Familiarity with Cognos Disclosure Management (CDM).
- Familiarity with Vena CPM.
- Familiarity with Cognos Analytics.
- Familiarity with Cognos Planning Analytics.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Windows Server Operating System.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Cluster Server / Veritas Cluster Services.
- Financial Services Industry Experience.