Technology - Business Development & Innovation, Asia, Associate - Hong Kong or Shanghai
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 15 Aug 18 2018-08-15
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modeling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses?and to our own.
Morgan Stanley is seeking an Associate to join the Technology Business Development and Innovation (TechBD) group in Asia for the Fintech Sector with responsibility for supporting our strategic programs, innovation initiatives, events and operational activities.
TechBD is responsible for supporting the entire 'Technology Relationship Value Chain' of the firm, ensuring all the capabilities of the technology organizations are harnessed to deliver value to the respective TMT business franchises.
The Innovation Office oversees our Global Innovation Program that aims to drive experimentation and adoption of new technologies like AI/ML, Cloud, Data Analytics, etc. This role will report into the Asia Head of TechBD & Innovation with the responsibility for supporting our strategic programs, events, and operational activities.
The TechBD & Innovation Associate will support the creation of win-win relationships between the various technology organizations and the business divisions of the bank. The role entails significant elements of communication, event management, content development, sector expertise development, and relationship management. Primary responsibilities include:
Strategy and Insight Development
- Take company's internal insights into the trajectory of the industry or particular vendors and package this material (in partnership with TechBD sector leads) so that it can be shared via our banking teams with their key clients
- Share internal IT's view of the future enterprise technology landscape with Research and Equities stakeholders
- Build PowerPoint presentations that articulate the bank?s position on a technology sector, opportunity, or desired business outcome
- Cultivate sector expertise in enterprise tech and fintech in Asia, with specific concentration on China
- Support and track our engagements with internal stakeholders on content delivery inside and outside the firm
- Coordinate with external vendors around Innovation Days and strategic vendor meetings
- Champion the Innovation Program in the region by driving engagement, facilitating regional initiatives, clearing barriers, and coaching participants
- Share and follow best practice processes to ensure vendor relationships are appropriately managed in partnership with other stakeholders. This will entail development of processes that ensure appropriate firewalls are in place, vendors are fairly treated during selection processes, and communication with the vendors is coordinated
- Coordinate escalation of issues (contractual or operational) with vendors, ensuring suitable senior executives at the client and at the vendor are involved as appropriate.
- Work with the senior managers, technologist, Corporate Sourcing and Enterprise Infrastructure leadership to identify the network of vendor relationships used to deliver IT services to the Asia business today.
- Ensure stakeholders meeting requests are appropriate scheduled, suitable participants are available, agendas are agreed, and all parties are appropriately briefed
- Proactively identify an communicate business development opportunities in technology, liaising with regional and global stakeholders
- Highly-developed communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to learn and communicate technical concepts
- University degree with one to five years of work experience, MBA a plus
- Design savvy and strong working knowledge of PowerPoint (or similar software)
- Meticulous attention to detail and highly organized
- Passion for disruptive innovation and technology
- Fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese
Note: Please submit CV and motivation letter describing your interest and suitability for the role