Technology - Cloud Operations Associate (Level 3) Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Mar 18 2018-03-22
See job description for details
About the Department
The Web Operations team is part of the Enterprise Computing organization within Morgan Stanley. Our team maintains a presence in several locations globally and is focused on supporting all web based technologies used within the firm.
About the Role
This position will specialize in supporting cloud and container based platforms used by both internal and external clients. You will integrate into a global follow the sun operations model, which translates to global responsibility for the technologies we support. In this position you will work closely with developers, engineering, and other operations personnel to provide best in class service and deliver a high-performing and highly-reliable technology platform.
- Create, maintain, and streamline all operations and processes for Public Cloud and Container based technologies. This includes training, documentation, customer and vendor engagement, automation, and tooling.
- Implement a centralized support model for the Public Cloud and supporting infrastructure that promotes lean practices.
- Advocate for a DevOps approach to traditional system administration tasks, leading by example.
- Work closely with internal engineering teams to provide input on new component functionality, system performance, capacity management, monitoring, and testing of infrastructure upgrades and platform releases.
- Perform Incident, Problem, and Change Management for supported platforms
- 3 to 5 of years of experience supporting an enterprise-level hosting environment and maintaining high-availability production systems.
- Competency in at least one programming language (Python, Perl, Powershell, C#, Java)
Excellent understanding of internet and networking protocols, including TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS.
- Sound knowledge of server infrastructure, virtualization, and cloud computing.
- Experience with Agile and DevOps concepts.
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and high pressure situations for outage handling, management or resolution.
- Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills are essential, as well as the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Infrastructure deployment experience in the Public Cloud (AWS Preferred).
- Experience with container and orchestration technologies (Cloudify, Kubernetes, Docker).
- Knowledge of system monitoring in cloud environments, including cloud-specific products and tools.
- Experience in developing monitoring architecture and implementing monitoring agents, dashboards, escalations and alerts.
- Familiarity with analytics platforms such as Splunk and leveraging them to gain operational intelligence.
- ITIL Concepts.