Technology - End User Services Manager, Vice President, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Mar 18 2018-03-22
See job description for details
We are looking for an End User Service Manager (SM) to cover the Advisory Business Units (Investment Banking Division, Global Capital Market, Private Wealth Management, Research, Investment Management, Firm Management) with primary focus in Hong Kong and overseeing Asia Pacific region.
The Service Manager's primary responsibility is maintaining stability, service and ensuring the availability of technology systems for the user environment. Operationally, the SM will need to provide frontline support, manage projects, procurement, moves/adds/changes, training and communication pertaining to the users' technology environment.
The SM will manage (hire/train/mentor) a team of full-time employees and consultants. Given the breadth of support of business areas, the SM is required to be able to multi-task across business units.
The SM should be a strong technical discipline leader with an indepth knowledge of at least one technical discipline and have experience with and a high-level understanding of a wide range of infrastructure system architectures and applications.
The SM will function as an interface for other Technology disciplines to the users, managing and communicating outages, scheduled downtimes, projects, upgrades, and other operational events. This includes ownership of team on-call support coverage which may require weekend work or out-of-hours engagements. Besides, keeping close communications with other Technology teams such as EUT, IST and TIR are also important in providing consistent support and services to the corresponding business units. The SM will be required to maintain a communication channel and working relationship with key business users and operating officers to understand and provide for their present and upcoming requirements and needs.
The SM will also need to work with peers globally and represent the interest of the users for firm-wide projects, stability reporting, and other initiatives. This includes regional SM, global EUS calls, and other project conference calls. The SM will also provide input in outage reporting and stability calls, getting information in actual perceived impact from users if necessary and ensure accurate reporting from the business perspective. As with all operational support roles, a level of flexibility is required which may require after hours, oncall or weekend support inclusive of but not limited to, project work, operational BAU (e.g. Break Fix work) and scheduled events (powerdown & disaster recovery tests, market testing.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field or at least 8 - 10 years of relatable experience
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Previous experience in Production Support, Change Management, Project Management role in the Investment Banking industry
- Strong leadership, people management and interpersonal skills
- Client focus and relationship management skills
- Strong mind set of Compliance and IT Security
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to frame technical information in an appropriate fashion based on target audience. Chinese reading and Mandarin/Cantonese speaking is a plus
- Ability to lead technical projects of moderate complexity