Technology - Java Developer, Associate - Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Aug 18 2018-08-21
See job description for details
Full Stack Java and C# WPF UI Developer
The IST team in Morgan Stanley has developed one of the most sophisticated equity derivative pre-trade and execution platforms on the market. The platform comprises various aspects of the execution flow from quoting, pricing, execution, client term-sheet generation, client confirmations, product life cycle management and intra/inter day PNL risk management. In its totality, the pre-trade system seamlessly integrates these disparate features and functionalities into a useable and coherent platform that trading and sales can interact with efficiently.
This is an evolving system that continues to be well funded due to its singular importance to Wealth Management and Institutional Business flows. As part of the next step, the pre-trade platform is now undergoing significant changes to help improve scalability to help meet the ever increasing trading volumes of the structured note business.
To help achieve this goal, the derivative front-to-back team is offering an excellent opportunity for a talented UI and server-side Java/Scala developer to join its team. The successful applicant will be involved in all aspects of the development cycle. They will be expected to take ownership of project delivery ? to seek accurate and correct requirements, to devise designs that elegantly fit known constraints and to constantly seek quality solutions no matter how big or small the problem. The quality of what we deliver as a team is dependent on the individual contributions of our developers. We take pride in delivering working software with minimal defects because testing and TDD feature strongly within our team dynamic. Simply put, this is an excellent opportunity for a developer seeking to take their career to the next level.
- 2+ years' experience of Java
- Experience in automated testing
- Openness to learning new technologies
- Ability to pick up new skills quickly and a desire to work in a financial business
- WPF/C# 4.5 with emphasis on user experience and multi-threaded real-time GUI development ? a nice to have
- Experience of Scala
- Exposure to agile development practices including TDD, continuous integration and SCRUM
- Functional programming experience
- Knowledge of financial products such as Equities and Equity Derivatives Products