Technology - L3 Production Application Support Specialist - Associate
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 24 Apr 18 2018-04-24
See job description for details
This is a client-facing role based in Hong Kong
- Acting as an escalation point from our offshore teams to provide production management services including end user support, systems monitoring, incident and problem management, plant management and event management
- Acting as a lead for the Balance Sheets systems developed in house and a range of both internal and external connectivity over End user GUIs which are a mixture of C++/Java clients and web based sessions
- Scripting and tool development is encouraged to help perform data analysis and commoditize request resolution steps
- Aiding trouble shooting with strong technical skills in both multiple OS environment and Sybase databases
- Problem management to drive the cost of support and complexity therefore reducing risk of failure seek the cause of inefficiencies we face, to enables us to take a metrics driven approach to prioritizing work
- Role requires working with multiple Finance Development teams and Finance Controllers based in throughout Asia.
- Understanding the Finance Division and the core asset classes that enable us to produce key Financial Reporting. This will require and a full understanding of the Critical Business path for daily and monthly reporting
- To ensure our client’s issues are resolved within defined SLAs (Service Level Agreements) and meeting their expectations, managing and chairing outage conversation with senior key decision makers both in the business and the greater IT team.
- Leveraging the available tools within team, to ensure that system and critical incidents are correctly managed, ensuring timely resolution and as well focusing on strategic solution detailed analysis of new issues and documenting associated fixes
- Provide detailed analysis of issues / governance report to senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science and/or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in Linux/Unix and Windows Server Operating Systems
o Strong troubleshooting skills with Unix and Windows platform
o Hands on skills with day to day command like awk, sed, find, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in Perl and shell scripting
o Experience with XML
o Strong knowledge of ETL systems
o Exposure to Messaging Technologies (preferably IBM MQ) and MQ based systems
o Experience with batch-process & job scheduling tools (Autosys)
- 5+ years of experience with at least one major RDBMS product. Preferably with Sybase.
o Hands on DBA with strong experience of Performance & Tuning
o Debugging of Stored Procedure
- Professional ownership of Incidents and Problem Management
- Experience with working and managing software on a large distributed environment
- Knowledgeable on system monitoring and alerting tools
- Experience of end user support
- Developing and documenting support process
- Process improvement and support tools development
- Strong problem solving skills and an ability to learn rapidly on-the-job
- Self-motivated, ability to identify and resolve issues with minimal oversight
- Works well in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Experience of working in a global team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and the ability to effectively communicate with technical / non-technical personnel including senior management.
- Strong organization and coordination skills
- Experience with the Finance Control process
- Experience in Software development and/or engineering
- Knowledge of common IT processes, including ITIL and SDLC
- A team player with the ability to work in a demanding environment