Technology - Level 2/3 Application Support (FX Production Support), Associate, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 Nov 18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
The FX Production Management team, part of Quality Assurance and Production Management, provides direct day to day support and integration services for the firm's core FX applications, from External client facing to Risk management and booking applications.
Members of the team provide day to day support for the eFX platform, FX Pricing, Cashflow & Risk Management, End of Day batches and FX Options platforms. They are also responsible for ensuring optimal performance and stability of the FX production applications.
The role offers a fast-paced and interesting mix of technical and business challenges, allowing the holder to develop an in-depth understanding of Morgan Stanley's trading technologies and businesses. While direct experience with these systems and business lines is not essential, the role requires these skills and knowledge to be developed over time.
The team operates on a global, follow-the-sun basis that includes weekend coverage on rotation.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university ( or relevant experience in-lieu ).
- Able to troubleshoot, problem solver, analytical
- Proficiency with Linux and/or Unix
- Able to search log files and compose SQL queries
- Previous experience of working in Front office/Trader facing roles.
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills.
- Proven ability to deliver continuous improvements to supported systems
- Strong scripting skills preferably in Python or UNIX shell.
- FX front office knowledge a plus.
- Experience providing application support for mission-critical applications
- Experience managing production incidents under time pressure
- Understanding of electronic and/or algorithmic trading systems
- Experience with Market Data and related concepts
- Good working knowledge of trading and risk management business concepts
- Working knowledge of FIX protocol
- Familiarity with job scheduling tools (Autosys) and version control tools (Perforce/Clear Case)
- ITIL v3 Certification