See job description for details
Our Unified Communications and Collaboration (UCC) Messaging Operations group requires a level 3 SA to join the global operations environment. The team provides daily operational support to a global Microsoft Exchange mail infrastructure, Microsoft Lync/Skype infrastructure, Video Conferencing and Streaming media infrastructure and assisting in project work such as migration to Office 365.
The role is adjunct to Engineering, as the Operations team owns all toolsets required to both run and report on the plant on a daily basis. This role not only involves infrastructure skills, but also scripting and development work, as we look to further automate many of our processes and end user toolsets. Also, we are starting to test and deploy new technologies including Skype 2015, Zoom Video conferencing, Slack, Symphony.
Furthermore the candidate is also expected have experience with managed service vendors, as the role includes; directing managed service teams, scheduling appropriate work, providing new intelligent solutions for their daily operations. This allows the metro resources to remain in a development and escalation role.
The UCC environment (including email, instant messaging and multimedia products) is essential and considered by the business as critical zero applications, not only to the end users but also to the application development groups. Because of this, suitable candidates will need strong technical and interpersonal skills.
- System management and upkeep of the production environment
- Problem diagnosis, troubleshooting, escalation and notification.
- Run book documentation - inventories, problem resolution processes, documentation
- Testing of server upgrades and patch deployment Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Science or equivalent degree
- Self-starter with good interpersonal skills to facilitate working with end-users and other IT colleagues.
- Excellent communications skills
- Professional ownership of issues
- Good organizational skill; ability to plan and prioritize
- Analytical Skills
- Proven troubleshooting skills in a support environment
- Strong sense of commitment and drive towards problem resolution
- Use of initiative and proactive approach to work
- Experience of working in a fast paced, changing environment
- Maturity to be able to execute job functions with minimal guidance
- Proven technical experience in the following Microsoft products: Exchange 2010 / 2013 /2016, Office 365 migration experience, Microsoft Lync 2013, Skype for Business 2015, Windows 2008 server skills, Active Directory admin skills
- Generic Scripting skills
- Experience in Exchange architecture , SQL query language skills and LDAP/SMTP exposure would be beneficial.