Technology Operational Risk Consultant
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description Overview
The Technology Controls International Risk Management organization was established in March 2014 and is a division of Technology Controls Technology Risk Management and Compliance to address operational risk management for Wells Fargo business interests across a complex and growing environment outside the U.S. Responsibilities
- Provide oversight to Technology Control Management programs;
- Providing periodic Technology risk assessment, gap analysis reviews, and credible challenge efforts for regional Technology operational risk matters.
- Lead efforts for identification, recommendation, and remediation of regional Technology issues and / or breaches of key risk indicators.
- Works with complex units and provides operational risk expertise and consulting for high risk projects and initiatives;
- May provide operational risk consulting on complex issues. Designs and develops assessment strategies, methodologies and analyses; evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls; analyzes business and/or system changes to determine impact, identifies and assesses operational risk issues and assigns risk ratings consistent with established policy standards;
- Consults with business to develop corrective action plans and effectively manages change;
- Identifies training opportunities; designs/coordinates the development of training materials delivers or coordinates training delivery. Reports findings and develops business cases to influence senior management on the need for controls to mitigate risk;
- Manages and/or coordinates production of periodic operational risk performance reports for senior management, including trend analysis and recommended strategies;
- May manage project teams and provide operational risk guidance.
- Partners with Technology Compliance teams to support Technology regionally based regulatory reviews, audits and other compliance activities as developed and defined.
Market Skills and Certifications Requirements:
- Experience participating in audit and exam activities
- Understanding of APAC regulatory agencies, Wells Fargo APAC legal entity structure and associated technology regulatory requirements.
- Strong matrix management skills;
- Ability to move rapidly to build business requirements, gain consensus and provide resolution;
- Experience consulting across the company from management to team members with varying degrees of operational risk knowledge;
- Demonstrated experience as a team lead;
- Ability to interact effectively across the organization including senior level management while demonstrating the ability to build strong relationships with business partners;
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and consulting skills;
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate large group efforts with internal partners in scheduling, coordinating, drive consensus, and resolve conflicts between info security and business objectives;
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change while prioritizing effectively and delivering high quality work in tight timeframes;
- Experience with Control Assessment Program and other Governance processes;
- Demonstrated process improvement knowledge;
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.