A Top Tier Investment Bank is currently looking for a Trade Support Analyst - Associate to join their team. This role in the Asia CEM Linear/ Non Linear Middle Office (part of Currencies & Emerging Markets) offers an exceptional opportunity to join a high profile, multi-product team, with excellent opportunities for personal growth and development. The area works closely with Front Office, requiring strong attention to detail and the ability to work in high pressure situations.
Join an American MNC, which provides Private Banking, Asset Management, Treasury & Security Services, Private Wealth Management services and is one of the largest banks in the United States with a history dating back over 200 years.
- Act as the primary control over the accurate capture of the business’ transactions in the Risk Management System
- Maintain risk management and downstream system integrity of a blended portfolio of exotic derivative products, providing P&L and greek portfolio changes to trading desk and FX structuring team.
- Decompose, analyze and approve new transactions against structured term-sheets, sales recap and broker confirmations
- Ensure compliance with Regulatory standards such as SDR and various Asia TRs reporting
- Monitor and manage trade events throughout the lifecycle of the transactions, e.g. option exercises, knock ins/knock outs, rate fixings, TARNs and barriers
- Review legal confirmation documentation for accuracy vs. the Risk Management System booking
- Produce and validate T0 P&L, 1st Order and Higher Order Risk positions for the Front Office.
- Investigate and resolve P&L and Risk queries from Front Office
- Create and run ad-hoc risk scenarios for Front Office which can involve producing impact of model parameter remarking, analytics, hypothetical market situations such as ‘what if’ and ‘worst case’ etc.
- Produce risk exposure reports for use by Valuation Control Group (VCG), Market Risk, Quantitative Research (QR) and Model Governance Group (MGG)
- Assist Quantitative Research and Front Office with their initiatives for model improvements and model upgrades via testing and impact analysis.
- Product knowledge – Understanding of vanilla and complex derivative products
- a) Vanilla Products: Bonds, FXOptions, FXForwards, IR Swaptions, IR and XCCY Swaps, Inflation Swaps and Asset Swaps
- b) Complex Products: Range Dual Currency Swaps, binaries, barriers, KOs/KIs, TARNs, Callable Inverse Floaters, Yield Curve Spread Options (YCSOs), Quantos and Structured Note Issuance
- Risk - Understanding of the greeks such as Delta, Vega, Gamma, Theta and Cross-Gamma
- PnL - Understanding of trading PnL and key drivers from both a first order and higher order perspective
- Problem solving – Developing and implementing solutions to often complex issues
- Control –Understanding and implementing the control framework to mitigate risk through the transaction lifecycle
- Projects - Assisting in the delivery of tactical and strategic solutions
- Networking and the bank-wide perspective – Understanding the needs of other groups and the importance of relationship building through extensive interaction.