Trade Support for Prime Services
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 20 Jan 18 2018-01-20
Trade Support for Prime Services
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
At Societe Generale we have developed - and continue to develop - advanced programmes to support your career development. A diverse and comprehensive Learning & Development programme, a Junior programme for graduates and a Remuneration policy that stimulates your growth are just a few examples that illustrate how we help you to fulfill yourself personally and professionally, and how we develop your ability to adapt to ever-changing environments and transform challenges into opportunities.
Academic Background And Certifications, Experience
- University degree with Bachelor or Honour-Bachelor degree.
- Very strong and solid Cross-product knowledge of Prime Business is a must: Cash Equities, Listed Derivatives, FX, FX Options, OTC (e.g. Variance Swaps, Swaption), SBL and Fixed Income/Repo;
- Good understanding of Prime Businesses and the Operating Model;
- Proactively support and provide quality service to the Business and Front office for existing and new business;
- Act as representative for Operations facing internal and external clients;
- Ensure Operational Support for Trade Flow Monitoring for Prime Brokerage activities across all Asset Class (Securities, FX, OTC Equity, Listed Derivaatives, SBL and Fixed Income)
- Ensure Post-Trade Support for Cash Equity Execution business in terms of booking, confirmation and settlement matching;
- Maintain a close governance with global team for Trade Support Unit to ensure coverage of processes and Follow-the-Sun;
- Risk Assessed mindset & adequate Control framework - some knowledge on Key Operations Indicator (KOI), Key Risk Indicator (KRI) is a plus; Good understanding of Regulartory environment and requirements;
- Work well under pressure to deliver client and business expectations;
- Good team player with ability to drive initiatives within the team and cross-departments for a common delivery
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Global Markets Operations, ideally in Trade Support or Middle Office function
- Process Mapping Skill, Visio and VBA macro is a plus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Open mindset
- Thinking out of the box/Creativity
- Risk awareness
- Being Courageos