Our client is a global reinsurance company with a well-established presence in Asia. As the business has been growing rapidly in the region, they are seeking to recruit a Treasury Director. This is a newly created position in Hong Kong to support the business across the region. The role is to develop and execute reinsurance transactions with a focus on designing collateral structures and delivering treasury services for the Asia Pacific region. You will report directly to the Group Head office and be part of the Global Treasury function.
You will be responsible to:
- provide subject matter expertise on banking, trust & custody, foreign exchange and collateral arrangements
- identity and implement financial and functional aspects of complex transactions
- review proposals and agreements, advice deal teams how to address currency, liquidity and contingent collateral risks
- coordinate with investment solutions, finance, legal and other functional groups
- negotiate agreements with banking partners, coordinate all trust and custody account openings and other services needed to support transactions in the region
- build relationships internally and externally
- maintain quantitative models to measure, monitor and mitigate currency risk
- provide regular reports, perform financial analysis and support compliance activities
You should have at least 10 years of accounting, treasury or related finance experience, of which at least 3 years in foreign exchange. Knowledge of collateral structures for reinsurance transactions is ideal. Previous experience working with a trust and custody arrangements, possibly letters of credit is also applicable. Other relevant experience include a role in the securities servicing group at a bank or in an investment management firm or treasury or risk management.
You should have a firm foundation in foreign currency markets and have familiarity with foreign exchange hedging strategies. Experience with Value-at-Risk Models or statistical analysis is also desirable.