Treasury Funding Manager
- Attractive package
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo Bank
- 18 Apr 18 2018-04-18
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets.
About Wells Fargo: Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
Main function of the job:
Responsible for obtaining cost effective wholesale funding for Wells Fargo’s APAC entities. Management of the bank’s liquidity profile and regulatory compliance. Reports to the APAC Treasurer.
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required)
- Advise business lines by providing market colour regarding the costs of funding in various currencies.
- Recommend a strategy for achieving compliance with the changes in the regulatory picture in a cost effective manner.
- Provide funding in various currencies using derivatives, deposits, inter-company borrowing et cetera, with a view to maximizing shareholder return.
- Ensure respective market risk exposures are hedged per the stated risk appetite statements.
- Ensure liquidity levels are managed in compliance with the internal risk appetite and the regulatory limits.
- Direct regulatory contact.
- Responsible for reporting to the respective governance forum’s,
- Risk Committee’s and BoD (or the equivalent).
- Support of teams (Finance and Accounting, Regulatory Reporting, Risk) involved in stress testing of capital, liquidity and other reporting requirements.
- 10 years in a financial institutions funding or accounting functions.
- Subject matter expert on the changing regulatory requirements affecting the bank from a Domestic, APAC and Global perspective with a particular focus on the changes in the Liquidity and Capital regimes with respect to Basel 3.
- Proven strong financial modeling and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated PC skills, Microsoft Office; particularly strong Excel.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi task
- Knowledge of the sub system and GL accounting.
- Good communication and presentational skills.
- Be familiar with a broad array of financial markets including, but not limited to, fixed income, hybrid capital, foreign exchange and interest rate derivatives.
- Understand and be able to communicate the respective sub systems and GL postings.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.