Treasury and Chief Investment Office (CIO) - Planning & Analysis - Analyst - Hong Kong
Treasury and CIO manages the firm's capital, balance sheet, liquidity and funding strategy and positions, including short dated and secured funding, debt and capital issuance and buybacks, and liquidity risk management, as well as the company's rating agency relationships and corporate insurance activities. Treasury and CIO manages the firm's structural interest rate and foreign exchange risks, and conservatively invests the firm's excess deposits. Interest rate risk is managed primarily via investment securities and interest rate derivatives as tools to manage the firm's asset liability mismatch. The firm's non-USD foreign exchange risk is managed through specifically defined hedging mandates. Responsibilities
APAC Treasury and CIO Planning and Analysis team is based in Hong Kong. This team is responsible for managing the budgeting and forecasting process for Treasury and CIO activities in the region, including various stress testing exercises mandated internally as well as externally by the Regulators. The team works closely with the treasurers and portfolio managers across 13 countries to agree on the forecasting methodology, generate balance sheet and P&L forecasts for the business, and more importantly analyze and interpret the financial results to the business heads, CFO, regional and global stakeholders. It provides an excellent exposure to understand how the firm manages the balance sheet in the region under different regulations and constraints. In addition, the team also works closely with other functions within and outside Treasury and CIO on various regional and global projects and ad-hoc initiatives. It provides excellent opportunities to learn and grow, both technical skills, and stakeholders management skills. Job Description:
- Producing periodic actuals and forecasts reports and variance analysis in aspects of gross interest and non-interest income, funds transfer pricing, balance sheet, reinvestment plan, RWA, expense and headcount for internal MIS and external regulatory purposes.
- Presenting the financial results, variances, methodologies, assumptions, processes and controls to the business heads, CFO and other regional and global stakeholders.
- Producing the legal entity balance sheet forecasts by partnering with other functions / lines of business for the location balance sheet, liquidity and capital management purpose.
- Formulating and maintaining the outputs are reasonable and adhere to the firm's policies and standards governing the forecasting processes.
- Continuously improving the existing processes to increase productivity.
- Participating in global and regional P&A projects and ad-hoc initiatives.
- 2+ years' experience in Finance, Management Reporting, Planning and Analysis in a Financial Institution
- Degree holder in Accounting, Finance or related disciplines. Holding relevant certified qualifications is an advantage.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Positive attitude in learning and taking up responsibilities
- Attention to details and high level of accuracy
- Able to demonstrate analytical mindset, structured thinking and problem solving skills
- Independent, self-motivated and strong sense of accountability
- Self-disciplined, able to prioritize multiple tasks and deliver on time
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Excel. Experience in Alteryx and Tableau is an advantage