- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
User Experience Manager
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
User Experience ManagerAbout SC (Standard Chartered) Ventures
SC Ventures was set up in March 2018 as a new business unit to promote innovation, invest in disruptive financial technology, and explore alternative business models. Our activities are organised in three pillars:
eXellerator - we facilitate innovation, experimentation, intrapreneurship and culture change. We partner with clients, the Bank's businesses and fintechs to develop solutions to business problems
Investments - we operate an investment fund focused on fintech companies with capabilities that support our businesses and ventures, professionally managed and supported by independent advisors
Business Ventures - we build new business models in banking to create optionality for the Group, operating as separate, independently-managed companies
We are a global team of forty present in Singapore, Hong Kong, London, and also expanding to Africa. Our projects are across our footprint markets. Together, we are Rewiring the DNA in Banking
We currently have an excellent opportunity as Innovation Coach within the SC Ventures HK region.
The Role Responsibilities
"An innovation coach partners with his/her clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires and equips them to maximize their ability to innovate."
The Innovation Coach will work with senior stakeholders and business units to help incubate new ideas and solve real business problems by applying the eXellerator approach. This includes a lean start-up mind set, applying human centred design concepts, agile techniques and lean governance through to implementation in some cases.
The role is more than just facilitation or training - by analysing the stakeholder needs and understanding the desired outcomes they will plan an approach, coach participants, project manage the process where necessary, and guide and facilitate the initiative.
An initiative could be anything from a 2 day workshop framing a problem to a 3 month delivery of a high fidelity prototype that has been tested with customers, through to the delivery of an MVP with the business - either through the Intrapreneur Program or other pipeline channels, including business stakeholders or clients in the context of co-creation.
The key outcomes are to encourage a questioning mindset as part of our new DNA, coach a group of intrapreneurs / stakeholders to take good ideas as far down the ideation journey of prototyping, testing and proofing key business concepts as possible, learn/unlearn/relearn new possibilities for the way we can work as a Bank, and/or to create new ventures. We have an opportunity for someone with experience of lean start up, design thinking and agile delivery methods who will be responsible for :
- Planning and delivering customer focussed initiatives, through to delivery where required
- Leading testing with end users/clients
- Capturing results and outputs (building a case study) of each initiative for showcasing the eXellerator capabilities
- Engaging with Startups, Design Agencies and other SCB stakeholders as required to deliver outputs for the initiative
- Providing inputs and updates to the eXellerator approach and "playbook" as new technologies and methodologies come to market
- Communicating with clarity and conviction and driving decision making with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Delivering Human Centered design training
- Supporting innovation and engagement strategies to support the vision and mission of SC Ventures
- LUMA Human Centered Design Practitioner Certification
- Agile Scrum Master or Product Owner Certification
- Training and / or facilitation experience
- Project or Change Management methodologies
- Business owner or founder