User Interface Developer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Gather requirements, design, develop, test, deploy and support applications with a focus on the Front-End User Interface
- Work closely with Product Owner and Scrum teams to deliver user-centric solutions for internal and external customers
- Promote adoption and rollout of Agile and modern software engineering practices
- Drive innovative software engineering practices and architecture design
- Work with business and other technology teams to establish frameworks for delivering online capability
- Work with technology teams to co-ordinate development and create a delivery pipeline across multiple streams
- Collaborate with core DevOps and Testing teams to build and enhance a continuous delivery pipeline
- Constantly analyse and improve the performance and quality of the product and team
- Able to adapt to changes in priorities and requirements
- Implementation of robust, fault tolerant and distributed application
- Synergy in the delivery of projects through co-ordination of interdependencies
- Delivery of applications that attend business and client needs with automated tests, CI and CD
- Ability to solve complex software development/design issues using clean, coherent code following established coding guidelines
- Self-starter, capable of working without direction and able to deliver projects from scratch
- Full software development lifecycle experience in a mature CI / CD environment
- UI development (React, Redux, Node.js, HTML5, CSS, Gulp, Typescript)
- Microservice architecture and development (REST, SOAP)
- Relational and NoSQL Databases
- DevOps toolchain experience (JIRA, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Groovy, Artifactory, Ansible, SonarQube)
- TDD, BDD, performance and Security testing for mobile and web
- Build automation tools (Ant, Maven, Gradle)
- OS including Linux and Windows
- Cloud deployment and systems management experience - AWS
- Prior experience in trading and banking applications
- PaaS ( CloudFoundry, OpenShift and Docker)
- Message queue (MQ, JMS)
- Selenium Web driver and mobile testing
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.