VP, Marketing, Asia
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Matthews Asia
- 17 Aug 18 2018-08-17
As VP of Marketing, the person will work closely with the firm’s regional distribution team to develop a strategic marketing plan that is closely aligned to our business development objectives in the institutional, intermediary and retail channels.
TITLE: VP, Marketing, Asia
LOCATION: Hong Kong
Matthews Asia is an independent, privately owned investment manager headquartered in San Francisco with subsidiary offices in London, Singapore and Hong Kong. Founded in 1991, Matthews Asia specializes in investing in Asia’s equity and fixed income markets for institutions, intermediaries and retail investors worldwide. For over 25 years our bottom-up, active investment approach has focused on identifying the most attractive long-term growth opportunities in Asia’s diverse markets. Our portfolios typically feature low turnover rates and high active share, with holdings that differ significantly from their benchmarks. Our long-term perspective and culture of independent thinking facilitate our delivery of a consistent and distinctive value proposition to our clients and partners.
Additional information on Matthews International Capital Management, LLC and Matthews Asia can be found at www.matthewsasia.com.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: This position will report to our Head of Global Marketing.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Matthews Asia is a specialist asset manager focused on investing in the Asia Pacific region. Following a period of significant growth and expansion in Asia, the firm is now looking for an experienced marketing professional to take responsibility for marketing strategy and implementation in the region.
As VP of Marketing, the person will work closely with the firm’s regional distribution team to develop a strategic marketing plan that is closely aligned to our business development objectives in the institutional, intermediary and retail channels. The individual will lead the implementation of all marketing activities that build the Matthews Asia brand in the region and promote our investment capabilities. This will include developing integrated marketing programs that will include above-the-line and below-the-line activities such as advertising, public relations, social media, events, communications and email marketing.
The successful candidate must therefore have a proven track record in developing both strategic and tactical marketing initiatives across the marketing mix. They will be expected to demonstrate a good understanding of implementing effective brand awareness, lead generation and lead nurturing programs. Knowledge of CRM and marketing automation tools is beneficial. In addition, they should have a good understanding of the investment management landscape in Asia as well as a good grasp of equity and fixed income products. This is a hands-on-role that will require both strategic thinking and tactical execution.
This is a newly created role within the firm and the individual will be expected to demonstrate a strong work ethic, be motivated and have the ability to work autonomously at times. It offers the successful candidate the opportunity to lead the build-out of our marketing infrastructure and processes in the region and make a significant contribution to the company’s global marketing and distribution efforts during a period of expansion in the region.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the distribution team in Asia to devise and execute strategic and tactical marketing initiatives that are aligned with the firm’s business objectives.
- Develop integrated marketing programs working with external media buyers and publishers as well as advertising, digital and communications agencies.
- Track and measure the effectiveness of our marketing activities in the region.
- Lead the firm’s public relations activities in the region to help support our strategic marketing initiatives.
- Manage the branding and marketing components for our sponsored events in the region.
- Oversee the development of tailored investment communications and translations in the region such as high-impact marketing collateral, email marketing and website content.
- Provide input into the budget process and manage costs within budgeted guidelines.
- Conduct marketing research to track and measure brand awareness and test product campaigns when necessary
- Represent the marketing team and enhance the firm’s reputation at events and through development of an industry network.
- Maintain a solid understanding of the financial markets and the competitive landscape in Asia.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Finance, Marketing or Communications.
- At least seven years experience in a financial services marketing role, ideally in the investment management industry focusing on institutions, intermediaries and retail investors in Asia.
- Strong knowledge and experience of raising brand awareness in markets such as Hong Kong and Singapore and across multiple distribution channels
- Experience building integrated strategic and tactical marketing programs that promote the firm’s investment capabilities
- Strong investment knowledge and proven marketing communications experience with the ability to deliver to tight deadlines in a pressurized environment.
- Deep understanding of compliance rules and regulations in Asia.
- Sense of urgency, attention to detail, highly organized and strong project management skill and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to focus on priorities while maintaining flexibility and openness.
- Extremely responsible and reliable.
- Demonstrate self-motivation and drive to deliver high quality marketing activities.
- Must be able to work in a global team based environment; both within Marketing as well as other parts of the organization.
- Creativity—able to recommend new and unique ideas.
- Strong problem solving skills, able to troubleshoot and address issues independently.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email marketing software.
- Good experience / understanding of marketing technology such as CRM, marketing automation and analytics
Matthews International Capital Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), age, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, political activity or affiliation, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition as defined under applicable law, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws or ordinances.