Group Audit helps the Board and Executive Management meet the strategic and operational objectives of the DBS Group. We conduct independent checks to ensure that the Group's risk and control processes are adequate and effective. All our team members are highly sought-after professionals who work as trusted advisors to our clients, in all matters related to a company's internal controls. Objective:
- Complete audit assurance work to provide an independent opinion to the Board and Executive Management on the overall control environment of the Bank.
- Complete audit assignments in accordance with Audit methodology and IIA standards.
- Promote and improve the organisation's risk management, control, and governance processes.
- Undertake audit engagements as assigned by Management according to audit plan in respect of Basel, Market Liquidity Risk, Operational Risk, Finance and Business Continuity Management.
- Advise and apprise promptly the Regional Audit Specialist and/or Management of all major risk, control and regulatory issues arising during the audit.
- Execute and complete all audits in accordance with departmental and professional standards and supervise team members during assigned audit engagements.
- Assist where appropriate in the update and maintenance of the audit strategy and plan.
- Update, maintain or review audit risk matrices, including audit work papers for each audit engagement.
- Maintain key relationships with middle level management and stakeholders, raise potential risk and control issues to audit management.
- Manage audit team members with proper guidance, coaching and supervision.
- Provide consultancy advice to Business/Support Units on new or revised policies and procedures so as to build up Audit's identity as trusted advisor.
- Adherence to audit charter, audit methodology, Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards and relevant code of ethics, and regulatory requirements.
- Degree holder in any field. Accounting or internal audit qualifications (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIA or CISA) are strongly preferred.
- Other professional or post-graduate qualifications (e.g. CFA, FRM or MBA) would be considered desirable.
- Minimum 12 years' experience with relevant business or auditing background in financial institutions, external audit firms or consulting firms.
- A financial institution audit or consultancy background is preferred though not mandatory.
- Prior audit experience in Basel credit modelling, market and liquidity risk, operational risk and finance.
- Professional auditing, accounting and/or banking background involving management positions.
- Strong knowledge on the relevant products, operations and regulatory requirements of the designated business portfolios.
- Prior experience in risk management and control functions, auditing and data analytics would be an advantage but not a pre-requisite.
- Able to work independently and collaborate with internal / external stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes.
- Detailed-oriented and strong project management skills.
- Effective interpersonal, people management and organizational skills.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified