Valuation and Risk Controller, 12 months contract
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Contract, Full time
- Resource Solutions
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
See job description
Our award winning, tier 1 client is looking an immediately available individual to join this team due to new regulatory requirements. The main function is the execution and implementation of capital market activity control tasks: position valuation control, limits and mandate monitoring.
You will sit within a small team and be eager to learn, have an all-hands-on-deck attitude with operational production work as well as judgmental capability.
As there will be opportunities to move into other teams within market risk, this role will be suited for an individual who have knowledge in market risk and is keen in developing technical skillsets to add to their repertoire.
Organize and perform Risk Control under the team's coverage and responsibility which includes:
- Local limits monitoring, reporting and maintenance
- Mandates monitoring, reporting and maintenance
- 2nd level control on index contribution, analysis and highlight any issue to management
- Contribute to regional risk control meetings with Front office management, Risk, OPC, compliance and etc.
- Prepare necessary information/reports for Audits, Compliance & Regulators
- Build and maintain relationships with Front Office, Middle Office, Finance and Market Risk based on trust, respect and professionalism.
- Contribute to other initiatives within APAC V&RC.
- Participate in ad-hoc Risk Control related projects.
- Perform cross-region supports within APAC V&RC
- Contribute to the Permanent Control framework.
- 1-3 years' experience in Market Risk / Valuation related position
- Understanding of a range of products and their associated risk sensitivities. The ability to discuss and resolve queries with traders / market risk specialists is essential.
- Good understanding of control techniques and logic.
- Project experience would be an advantage
- Good PC skills
- Excellent communications skills.
- People oriented and have an all hands-on-deck attitude to work in small team
About Our Client
Our client is a prestigious international bank with a long history of providing corporate banking solutions to businesses and to large local companies, financial institutions and multinationals. We look for talented, tenacious individuals who are hungry to progress and eager to grow their knowledge.
To be considered for this role, click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
Values and Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at our client the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. They are an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of our client to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.