Vice President-Research Analyst – India and Global Emerging Markets (GEM) support
- Not Specified
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Jun 18 2018-06-25
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock’s Asian and Global Emerging Market Fundamental Active Equity (FAE) team is seeking an Indian equities research analyst with primary responsibility for research on equities and the provision of insights and investment recommendations for portfolios. Additionally, this role will entail portfolio management support for the lead portfolio manager of the GEM Core portfolios. The successful individual will be a key member of the team and will also be responsible for providing not just individual equity calls but also identifying, and communicating, the investment implications for the broader Asian and GEM equity universe.
As an Analyst on the team, your responsibilities may include:
- Responsible for stock analysis and investment recommendations, undertaking robust and rigorous research and analysis of Indian companies across to-be-determined sectors.
- Recommend and share investment ideas for Indian equities with other investment professionals within the Asian and GEM equities team.
- Provide macro-economic views and insights as well as opinions on the outlook for Indian equities and key and pertinent market drivers from top-down and bottom-up perspectives.
- Partner closely with the rest of the Asian and Global Emerging Market equity teams and build close working rapport. Contribute to the broader alpha generation of the team through the provision of relevant and insightful comments on drivers for stocks.
- Operate as part of the team utilizing best practices in terms of philosophy and process while contributing to evolution and development.
- Build partnership and strong working relationship with counterparts around the region
- Serve as a resource for, and share information with, other investment professionals at BlackRock.
- Be an ambassador for the Asian and Global Emerging Market equity teams.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- 3- 5 years Asian or Global Emerging Market equity market experience, with heavy preference on Indian equities
- A passion for the markets and investing
- Possesses an affinity for intelligent risk taking
- Proven research and analytical capabilities
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize various projects
- Original and independent thinker, able to work in a team environment
- Exercises good judgment coupled with the ability to make decisions quickly
- Ability to operate in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to produce high-quality, detail-oriented work
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- English language fluency
- CFA and/or post graduate degree preferred
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.