The Vice President/Assistant Vice President of Human Resources (HR) provides executive-level leadership and guidance to the organization’s HR operations. The Vice President is responsible for setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, and best practices, and identifying and implementing long-range strategic talent management goals.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains management-level HR staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to define the organization’s long-term mission and goals; identifies ways to support this mission through talent management.
- Identifies key performance indicators for the organization’s human resource and talent management functions; assesses the organization’s success and market competitiveness based on these metrics.
- Researches, develops, and implements competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs.
- Provides guidance and leadership to the human resource management team; assists with resolution of human resource, compensation, and benefits questions, concerns, and issues.
- Ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management.
- Drafts and implements the organization’s staffing budget, and the budget for the human resource department.
- Participates in professional development and networking conferences and events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s or law degree highly preferred.
- At least 5 ears of human resource management experience required, with strategic, talent management, and/or business development experience highly preferred.
- At least 5 years of working experience in Finance/Banking field.