Vice President/Assistant Vice President - Hong Kong Sell-side Coverage
- Will commensurate with experience
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
Reporting to the Chief Representative of SGX Hong Kong, you will build strong business partnerships with the Sell-side client segment in Hong Kong for both the Securities and Derivatives markets, in order to widen our scale and scope of business through them. Sell side client segment includes local, Chinese and international brokers, banks, Inter-dealer brokers. Only candidates residing in Hong Kong need to apply.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following:
- Assume the role of account manager for sell side firms, ensuring that you maintain all relevant contacts and relationships with key persons/decision makers
- Ensure that your client coverage are kept abreast of SGX’s initiatives and development path, in order to align themselves to our respective business goals and priorities.
- Assume the key driver role in ensuring that your client coverage support all new and existing SGX products, in terms of making the products available to clients in a timely manner and actively promoting them to increase participation and trading into SGX
- Identify and facilitate product marketing opportunities, to further our mutual businesses. Execute and conduct client seminars and broker tech-ins to keep clients updated on SGX products and services
- Develop and execute a retail marketing strategy to broaden the client base for SGX
- Contribute actively to SGX’s initiatives, as a key advocate for your client coverage adoption
- Assist brokers and clients in the usage of SGX platforms, including functional queries, trouble shooting and issue resolution.
- Expand and broaden coverage through new client acquisitions and in so doing, strive to exceed assigned volume targets and Key Performance Indicators
- Identify prospective Members for SGX and facilitate onboarding of new sell side clients
Skills and Essential Attributes
- A university degree with a minimum of 5 years work experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a front office function within a recognized derivatives/securities brokerage or exchange with strong knowledge of front, middle and back office systems.
- Good working knowledge of industry best practices on the operational and technology front. Further knowledge of risk/regulatory processes and concepts will be an added advantage.
- Proven track record of success of meeting targets and KPIs, including a wide network of contacts in the broking industry.
- Ability to assume responsibility, act with independent thought and a sense of urgency. Strong organization skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with competing demand for resources.
- Strong client facing skills with good language (English and Mandarin required in order to interact and service international and Chinese speaking clients) and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented and a team-player