Vice President – Markets (Global Client Development - Velocity - Growth Brokers)
This position will be responsible for client-driven sales, relationship management, and business development, aimed at building Velocity and therefore liquidity in our cash and derivatives markets. The candidate will develop strong business partnerships with our Growth Brokers to strengthen our relationships and grow our business in line with our business goals. The candidate will also collaborate and work effectively with internal stakeholders to ensure that the appropriate systems and procedures are in place for effective and efficient execution. By working directly with the clients, the candidate should be able to highlight and work through the initial stages of market structure enhancements needed to expand business with this segment of clients. The candidate will be HKEX's primary client-facing point of contact for an allocated segment of the Growth Brokers, working in a small team who manage and look after the entire Growth Broker client base. Job Responsibilities:
- He/she will update assigned accounts and prospect potential clients in order to develop HKEX's business. He/she will keep abreast of client's developments, and help grow the client or prospect into products they do not trade, whilst keeping internal colleagues updated of relevant developments. The aim is to grow velocity and liquidity in new and existing products from existing clients and prospects and generate incremental revenue, whilst giving exemplary service to the client or prospect.
- He/she will forge strong collaborative relationship with assigned accounts and their affiliates through understanding business requirements, negotiate strategic partnerships and implement solutions that support internal product requirements.
- Assume responsibility with HKEX internal teams to facilitate the resolution of issues and to improve service standards, streamline trading connectivity procedure and provide feedback on service delivery and trading infrastructure requirements
- Assist clients, when needed, on HKEX matters, products and the use of derivatives and cash products and services including but not limited to market data, hosting, trading connectivity and risk management requirements. Client-Driven Sales & Marketing
- Generate new client leads for new and existing listed derivatives products with a focus on the Growth Brokers segment.
- Active marketing of cash and derivatives products to assigned and target clients to increase velocity and liquidity in those products.
- Pitch and deliver presentations of HKEX products in approved own and client events, forums and seminars, in person or virtual.
- Collaborate with Participant Relations, Exchange Participants Cash and Derivative Trading to ensure smooth onboarding of new clients.
- Understand the competitive landscape that challenges HKEX-listed derivatives and cash markets and help in initiatives to enhance the HKEX market structure.
- Track trading performance of our key clients and recommend client engagement programs to keep their performance in line with or exceed market growth.
- Participate in the promotion and facilitation of industry developments to drive increase-trading activity and promote greater market efficiencies. Requirements: (academic/professional qualifications, working experience, special skills, etc.)
- University degree preferably in Finance, Economic or related discipline.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in business development for listed derivatives in a bank or proprietary trading entity, or software business.
- Experience in developing and executing client account strategy and plans including project management.
- Strong understanding of global listed derivatives and Cash Equities.
- Strong business connections, negotiation and communication skills with a successful track record.
- Experience of managing stakeholders and a team, and a good team player.
- Good working knowledge of Direct Market Access systems and exchange trading connectivity.
- Strong comfort and knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Spoken and written fluency in English, Cantonese and Mandarin, Cantonese is essential.
- Other Asian language proficiency would be an asset.
- Travel maybe required.
- Salesforce.com experience is useful.
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.