Vice President - AML Compliance Risk Management (ACRM) Officer – APAC Markets & Securities Services
Markets & Securities Services (MSS) is a key business of the Institutional Clients Group (ICG) that focuses on the financing, trading and asset management needs of clients. MSS includes sales, trading, and distribution across a broad range of asset classes (Equities, Futures, Commodities, FX, G-10 Rates), as well as Prime Finance and the Global Spread Products Division (GSP). GSP is comprised of the Credit Markets, Securitization and Municipal Securities businesses. MSS' Securities Services businesses include Global Custody and Fund Services, Direct Custody and Clearing, Securities Lending and related asset servicing activities supporting institutional investors.
The AML Compliance Risk Management (ACRM) Officer is a key position in MSS APAC ACRM team that is responsible for identifying AML risks in the MSS business, and working with the MSS to establish internal procedures to prevent and detect money laundering and assist in all matters concerning financial crimes in coordination with the broader AML team. The position will report to and support the APAC MSS ACRM Head in working with APAC cluster and country AMLCOs as needed to help advance global and regional AML program goals. The successful candidate will need to work with team members and the business to:
- Execute and implement firm-wide AML risk management policy and strategic processes
- Maintain AML compliance program for the business including assessment of risks and development of policies, procedure and governance
- Identify and assess risk, vulnerabilities and opportunities for efficient and effective coverage
- Work within team and across business/functional line management to assess complex issues, structure potential solutions and drive effective resolution within permissible regulatory frameworks
- Analyze data, prepare regional reports related to AML risk assessments
- Monitor AML related issues and escalations with senior management and global partners
- Evaluate and respond to escalated matters, further escalate as required and advise senior management on next steps as needed
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its client and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgement regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency
- 6+ years of experience in AML compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services industry; experience with a regulatory body a plus
- Strong written, verbal and analytical skills; strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through crisp and clear messaging
- Knowledge and expertise of AML regulations, risks and typologies
- Demonstrated ability to assess complex issues through root cause analysis and other analytic techniques, structure potential solutions, and drive to resolution with stakeholders
- Experience with and previous exposure to internal control functions and regulators within the UK; particularly banking and AML regulators
- Demonstrated ability and confidence to challenge business management, escalate issues and press for change. Comfort with creative tension across different lines of defense while maintaining professionalism and a shared goal of quality growth
- Experience in the implementation of AML programs
- Strong track record of effectively assessing and managing competing priorities
- Comfortable navigating complex, highly-matrixed organizations
- Bachelor's degree required; Advanced Degree (e.g. JD, MBA) preferred
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - HK------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .