Vice President - C# Developer, Equity Derivatives - Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Nomura Asia
- 16 Oct 17 2017-10-16
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious experienced developer who is eager to work closely with FO business users, stakeholders, quants and other global project teams throughout the organisation. The candidate will be part of the global equity derivatives team, and reports to the regional development manager in Asia.
The Equities businesses including derivatives, electronic, programs, and cash at Nomura globally use a single platform for intraday and end of day risk management known as Euclid. This platform manages the lifecycle and risk of OTC equity derivative transactions as well as risk for the firm’s positions. To further enhance our equity platform to cope with business development needs, we are looking for a technically sound mid to senior level C# developer to join our global equity derivatives development team in HK office.
- Participates in regional/global development and project meetings
- Work with BA/PM or end users to gather and review user requirements, provide suggestions on design and enhancements
- Follow global development/change management standards to deliver quality enhancements/solutions in timely maner
- Particpiopate in development, code reviews, & post mortem activities.
- Practicpate in Rota for release management & provide 2nd / 3rd level support
- Be a good team player to ensure a cohesive culture to effectively solve local/global business problem while building strategic platform for Global Equities.
- Be a key partner of the Equities production services team to help ensure maximum up time of systems and minimize impact to businesses when issues occur.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or engineering
- 5+ years of C# development experience with a preference in equity derivatives trading/risk domain
- Ability to work with global teams in matrix reporting environment with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to cope with rapid front-office business needs and to deal with changing priorities
- Ability to communicate and act professionally with IT staff and business clients while under strict deadlines.
- A strong understanding of customer care, service and relationship management is key.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills at multiple levels with strong status reporting skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
- Understanding of trading and risk management with a preference in the equities/derivatives space.
- A working knowledge of Asia equities would be a preference.
- Excellect programming skills in C#, good at other laungague like Java, Python or C++ is a plus
- Understanding of infrastructure requirements for local/global delivery platforms.
- Understanding of messaging infrastructures.
- Understanding of compute farms, distributed caching and computing
- Understanding of relational database technologies,
Regional Disclaimers / Diversity Statement
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.