Vice President - Office of the Asia Chief Risk Officer Analyst
The Office of the Asia Chief Risk Officer (Asia CRO) is responsible for supporting the Asia CRO in managing Citi's risk from a regional dimension with oversight of all the risks in Asia across Consumer, Commercial, ICG, and the Private Bank. The team supports the Asia CRO in providing prudential supervision and strategic direction for the entire Independent Risk Management organization in Asia to ensure active identification and management of emerging and existing risks. The Office of the Asia CRO also has primary interface responsibilities with the various regulators across Asia and the United States.
Based in Hong Kong, the Office of the Asia CRO Analyst will report directly to the Asia Head of Risk Governance. Responsibilities include:
Key responsibilities of the Office of the Asia CRO Analyst are as follows.
- Research, synthesize, and present topics related to emerging regional risks and headwinds; summarize findings in succinct PowerPoint presentations and written reports for very senior audiences
- Provide analytical coverage of a subset of APAC countries; prepare country briefings and updates in addition to contributing country-specific content and supporting information to the Asia Chief Risk Officer's presentations as needed
- Produce monthly and quarterly Regional Risk Management reporting and presentation materials of the highest quality; engage with counterparts in other functions, segments, and countries for clarification and/or explanation of ambiguous or missing inputs
- Produce critical and time-sensitive deliverables for Internal Audit and regulators
- Coordinate implementation of new global and regional policies and guidelines across the region; track gap analyses and exception approval requests while providing interpretive guidance to stakeholders
- Coordinate Continuity of Business Plans for Regional Risk Management
- Provide support on various projects and initiatives such as stress tests, deep dives, regulatory updates, country crisis management, data quality reconciliation, and process reengineering
- Communicate and escalate any significant issues and breaches that may materially affect Citi's risk profile to the Asia Head of Risk Governance
- Support the coordination of Cost of Credit forecasts and validations, working closely with Independent Risk teams and Finance in the region
Qualifications and Experience
- Unique opportunity to gain experience in a high visibility, dynamic Risk Management function at the heart of the regional franchise while delivering major impact through meaningful projects and initiatives
- Significant international exposure and experience across geographies and segments
- Enhanced business contacts and the opportunity to form working relationship across Citi
- Opportunity to synthesize and present current events, market movements, regulatory and academic papers, and other topical issues in risk management
- Opportunity to observe and learn the dynamics of region-wide credit, market, and operational risk exposures
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant field
- 5 to 8 years of business or risk experience; experience within a large bank and/or multi-business line environment is preferred
- Working knowledge of risk policies, regulatory frameworks, and banking products and services
- Experience in production of reports, presentations, or pitch books for senior audiences
- Experience in synthesis of large amounts of data and written information
- Good verbal and written communications skills; ability to succinctly present issues and status to managers
- Proven time management skills, ability to work under pressure, and ability to cope with unpredictable but time sensitive requirements
- Integrity combined with high personal and professional standards
- Self-starter who can work independently; proactive and inquisitive
- Ability to interact credibly with stakeholders in other functions
- Enthusiasm and energy combined with a clear sense of how to execute complicated tasks
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - HK------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .