Oversee the model development on the credit risk model development and ongoing Basel model monitoring based on CBIRC and Head Office requirement.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and enhancement of credit risk rating models and systems.
- Provide support to model governance, model validation, internal and external audit
- Work closely with regulators and internal stakeholders on credit risk model development, or and other data management exercise to ensure compliance of regulatory requirements
- Support the Bank’s development, enhancement and implementation of IRB models
- Participate in system enhancement projects and co-ordinate change request for credit risk monitoring systems, including specifications, implementation and UAT testing
- Develop, manage and maintain data control framework for credit risk model development
- Obtain a high level understanding on the internal rating based approach requirements from various regulatory bodies, such as CBIRC and HKMA.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in credit risk management or related risk management field
- Bachelor degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, computer engineering, risk management or quantitative sciences
- Advanced degree in quantitative fields is an advantage
- Detailed and hands-on knowledge in credit risk modelling and its applications in banks and other institutions
- Basel II related implementation experience and knowledge preferably on advance approach for credit risk (FIRB and AIRB)
- Deep technical knowledge of customer segmentation, model development, portfolio analytics, data mining development and applications
- Strong programming skill (SAS, VBA, SQL and C++)
- Experience with SAS is essential and FRM / CFA qualification is preferable
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Good command of both English and Chinese, including Putonghua