* Growing Regional Corporate Bank * 1st Line of Defense Position * New Headcount
Our client, a growing regional corporate bank, is currently seeking a high caliber professional to join the team as a Vice President in Business Risk Management area, reports directly to the Head of Operations.
- Lead and support the first-line-of-defense Risk Assessments, Control Monitoring and Issue Management activities within Corporate Banking business
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating business risks to the Bank
- Familiar with the credit lifecycle of Corporate Banking business and able to identify, control and minimize the potential risks in credit operations
- Conduct periodic internal risk & control self-assessment to identify any control weaknesses in existing approval processes and embed effective controls in daily process
- Maintain and update the Front Office procedures and credit control requirements when there are new regulatory changes in regards to the credit lifecycle.
- Identify key issues based on business information and put in place appropriate controls and measures in the Front Office
- Perform other ad hoc tasks to be assigned by the Head of Operations
- University graduated in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
- 8 years or above working experience in Business or Operational Risk Management, preferably in Corporate Banking industry
- Strong risk management experience, problem analysis and judgment, independence, persuasiveness
- Strong knowledge of HKMA regulatory requirements
- Independent, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Strong report writing and communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Chinese (both Cantonese and Mandarin)