Vice President, China Strategy
Description About this role
BlackRock's China Strategy team is responsible for supporting the firm in positioning BlackRock to generate robust, long-term growth and shareholder value creation in China, through formulating and executing firm-level vision and strategy, facilitating business level strategies and driving large multi-functional assignments and initiatives. The team is also responsible for sourcing, assessing and executing strategic investments and partnerships / alliances based on BlackRock's strategic priorities, together with regional Corporate Strategy, Corporate Development, L&C and Finance teams. Key Responsibilities:
- Working with senior China executives and various China business teams to determine strategic objectives and how to best execute upon them (considering both organic and inorganic opportunities)
- Supporting specific strategic initiatives and projects that promote the implementation of our long-term strategy
- Working with regional and global Corporate Strategy and Development teams to provide periodic updates on China business performance and strategy
- Supporting senior management in the preparation of leadership visits to China, internal and external meetings and conferences
- Evaluating strategic partnership and alliance opportunities in China
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree with strong record of academic achievement
- 6-8 years of experience preferred, ideally in asset management, investing/private equity, consulting or investment banking
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; strategic and creative thinking aptitude
- Native fluency in Mandarin (spoken and written); fluent spoken and written English
- Superb communication skills. Ability to clearly articulate ideas, both written and oral, to internal and external audiences across levels of seniority
- Ability to deliver in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines and multiple demands
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of an organization and build strong relationships with team members, managers, and senior executives in multiple locations
- Proficiency in financial modeling, Excel and PowerPoint and/or demonstrated willingness to improve these skills
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.